Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:29 PM   #21
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Honestly I hate this trend fad that makes it seem like all body builders focus so much on muscle and fitness routines opposed to actually focusing on making the muscle grow. What I mean to say is while its good to have something planned out and make steady progression do we think Arnold or Franco or Lou did 4sets of each exercise 8-12 reps and such. Oh I will stop at 9 reps because I am getting to big of a pump. NO! They just went into the weight room with a simple goal:

I WILL MAKE THESE MUSCLES GROW!

And that is just what they did, now don't get me wrong I am a big advocate for logging down progress and steady progression but its not as important in the shaping phases as it is in strength gaining phases. As long as your feel the muscles as your lifting chances are it will be working.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2011, 06:30 PM   #22
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You must have a spy microphone in my home gym. I am always talking to my wife about this myth. I usually mention it 7 minutes after a 20 rep squat or deadlift set when I still can't breath...
Also studies prove that strength training burns more fat then cardio does in a longer time frame. Hence why Mariuz is super jacked. lol
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:58 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post

I WILL MAKE THESE MUSCLES GROW!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 PM   #24
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
What are your biggest muscle building pet peeves?

Which practices, myths or beliefs annoy you to no end?
Honestly, nearly all of them.

There is enough information on the internet/anywhere else to drive me insane. My explanation to people asking me how I got strong(er): Lift heavy, and eat. Just ****ing lift already and stop worrying about everything so much.

People need to be pointed in the right direction, have the basics such as cleans, overhead press, deadlifts, and squats explained to them, and then just go and ****ing do them and stop being such huge pussies about it.

Maybe then strong people wouldn't be such an anomaly.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:27 PM   #25
Kyle Aaron
community gym PT
Brawn
Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44 Points: 4,796, Level: 44
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: deadlift
Fav Supp: milk
Kyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machineKyle Aaron is a lifting machine

Quote:
I just dealt with this question about 10 minutes ago. As I say to my wife, many women fear that if they lift once they will wake up looking like Arnold
I actually had a woman ask me the other day, "And what if in two months I look like Hercules?"
"If you do, I will pay you $3,000 to stay like that for one week, and take lots of photographs. Because if I can turn a slim woman into Hercules in two months then I can become rich and famous from it."

The other one I hate from women is, "My legs get so muscley so quickly." There is just no tactful way to say, "that's not muscle, dear."

Also the idea that if you eat fat, you gain only fat, and if you eat protein, you gain only muscle. Thus overweight people trying to lose weight and downing copious quantities of protein powder.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:03 PM   #26
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Squats are bad for the knees, and Deadlifts are bad for the back, but the #1 injury causer in the gym? The Bench Press because of improper technique.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote