Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Starter workout (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5281)

_burk_ 01-22-2011 07:50 PM

Starter workout

I want to start building some muscle but I have been doing some reading and confused. Can someone give me a way to workout and some guidelines on how to eat. I am 24, workout at a local fitness center and about normal weight.

Abaddon 01-22-2011 08:10 PM

Eat lots of high-protein whole foods.
Use a routine that works.
Don't over-complicate things.

If you want more specific answers, you should ask more specific questions perhaps?

Carl1174 01-24-2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _burk_ (Post 109809)
I want to start building some muscle but I have been doing some reading and confused.

## What exactly are you confused about, a bit more info and we can try to help you a bit more

Can someone give me a way to workout

## I would suggest a beginners fullbody work out 3 times per week. If give you pleant of time for rest which is as important as the workout when you want to grow muscle... there is a reaso rest days are celled GROW days by many :)

and some guidelines on how to eat.

## You need to eat good quality whole foods such as Wholeweat pasta/bread/rice, potatoes, meats, fish, dairy, eggs etc etc... Dont eat junk or sugary foods, dont drink soda and make sure you are eating MORE than you body needs to maintain its weight - you dont say how tall/heavy you are so ic ant approximate calories that you would need on a day to day basis. You also need to be eating every 2-3 hours and geting protein at every meal if possible to ensure you body has a constant supply of good nutrients to help build the muscle.

I am 24, workout at a local fitness center and about normal weight.

Hope this helps. As pointed out by Abaddon, if you can be a bit more specific we can be a bit more specific with our help :)

Carl.

_burk_ 01-24-2011 10:17 AM

The full body workout looks a little easy. Is it ok to focus more on a six pack and chest with bicepts?

Carl1174 01-24-2011 10:25 AM

Hopefully you are joking... The routine is not 'EASY', no rotuine where you give every rep your all is. And there is no need to focus on any particular body part, they will all grow in proportion if the routine is right.

If your not joking then I ask this... where is the thread for the 'MAB Ban Hammer' ???

Carl.

glwanabe 01-24-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _burk_ (Post 110165)

The full body workout looks a little easy.

Which fullbody are you talking about?

Is it ok to focus more on a six pack and chest with bicepts?
Absolutely YES!!:rockon:

I would suggest squats, utilizing three versions, Back, Front, Overhead, and Barbell calf raises, for your Ab work

I would suggest Barbell, and dumbell rowing, chinups, and deadlifts for your biceps.

I would suggest Overhead pressing, and Dips for your chest work.

Clearly, based on what you have said and asked, you need some help to reach your goals. You will find plenty of information here to help you do that.

Carl has given you some solid advice as to how to proceed.

How else can we help you?