Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Natural Bodybuilders "On" Steroids

I saw a young and hardworking pro natural bodybuilder get attacked recently by a swarm of individuals who took up torches, claiming he wasn't natural.

It's just a sad reflection of our industry. Our industry doesn't know, now will they ever promote reasonable natural standards. This leads to a mountain of misinformation, and attacks on people who should not be attacked.

This goes both ways of course. Top level naturals are attacked for "using". "Users" are defended as being natural. The only losers are you and I.

This is not, in any way, a condemnation of AAS users. It is simply a reflection on how inept this industry is, and how much we really do need to educate ourselves with reasonable standards so we can assist others around us with reasonable expectations, and spread the word.

Determining Natural Bodybuilding Potential

You will get attacked if you talk natural limits. There is no doubt about it. Many have bought into the nonsense that hard work alone can make you look like Jay Cutler. It won't, but you CAN hope to look for a physique like in the picture that follows.

Granted, Victor Egonu (the pro in the picture) is a genetic elite. But with hard work you can still get within shouting distance. Your physique might not have the great lines and aesthetics, but even 10 pounds shy of his muscularity will create an amazing looking physique.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-13-2011 at 01:36 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Great post, and I would say that it does not go far enough in saying, lets stop all the BS, and talk openly about the truth.

There is a lot more I would like to talk about in regards to this subject, but I need time to write something.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Something we deal with everyday.

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:36 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
Something we deal with everyday.
You get many questions at school? Guys asking for your "secrets"?

Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

I think everybody who trains seriously gets it at some point, to a greater or lesser extent.
That kind of attitude - it didn't honestly piss me off enough to change from the inner-city gym I was going to. But when I moved my training to a much more reclusive gym in the WA hills, I really appreciated it's absence.

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #6
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn

BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You get many questions at school? Guys asking for your "secrets"?
There hasn't been a day in life life for the last 3 years that someone hasn't told me I was on steroids. Everybody wants the secret magic pill that you take before bed and wake up looking like Jay Cutler.

Nevermind I tell all these people ive been tested for steroids and don't do them at all, nor could afford them. But that doesn't matter, they literally TELL me im on steroids, like they're trying to make me believe it too lol.

Or our online store!

!

TEAM THOR!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn

Were gunna spark some controversy when i get out of class, this shall be fun.

Or our online store!

!

TEAM THOR!
Old 01-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
There hasn't been a day in life life for the last 3 years that someone hasn't told me I was on steroids. Everybody wants the secret magic pill that you take before bed and wake up looking like Jay Cutler.

Nevermind I tell all these people ive been tested for steroids and don't do them at all, nor could afford them. But that doesn't matter, they literally TELL me im on steroids, like they're trying to make me believe it too lol.
I went through the same thing in 1987. My own mentor pulled me aside and asked if I was taking anything.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #9
Dianna Bol
New Brawn
Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30

Dianna Bol is new to the forumDianna Bol is new to the forum

There's no real way of telling. I don't trust naturals at their word and I don't trust the IFBB bodybuilders.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #10
MikeC
Uber Brawn
Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47 Points: 5,424, Level: 47

MikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributorMikeC is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna Bol View Post
There's no real way of telling. I don't trust naturals at their word and I don't trust the IFBB bodybuilders.
I can understand your hesitancy to trust people at their word, but I don't think that should lead to ignoring the data and research on this issue.
MikeC is offline   Reply With Quote