Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #21
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 110787
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member
Default

i honestly take issue with the classification of "natural". i dwell in both worlds and i understand how it would come about but i think that, at its most basic premise, you are using chemicals (even food at its most basic or otherwise) to your advantage to reach a goal. also, i actually think its utter nonsense that a "natural" is defined by what is legal.

that said. i love and respect both sides of the lifting world, and i think jumping on aas, slin, or hgh is a personal choice. i think the real issue here is the bullshit that media pumps out about steroids and how horrible they are, while they run ads telling middle aged men they should go get their testerone levels checked so that a drug company can sell androgel.

the pure ignorance of the general public on what and how bad aas actually are(n't) pisses me off more than anything. i dislike that there is a line in the sand and that people choose to hate on others for their choices. no one makes fun of the fat guy down the hall for eating a coffee cake while he claims to be trying to lose weight. no one picks on the lady who brought a salad with a gallon of ranch dressing who is trying to trim up...seriously, the truth is lost.

it cracks me up that the two sides you would think would be at each other's throats the most (natural bb'ers and juiced bb'ers) for the most part, have a mutual respect and understanding. no one at my gym, natty or sauced, hates on the other. we actually all look out for each other, no matter which side you land on.

and to finish: if you are using a substance that is banned by a certain competition or a certain federation, you're cheating. bottom line. so dont go to the WNBF with your synthetic piss claiming you are within the rules. how can you feel good winning like that? in my opinion, you're just too pussy to compete elsewhere.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #22
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CT
Posts: 1,415
Reputation: 110787
TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member
Default

p.s. they call me "muscleman" at work.
im also usually mocked with the over-exaggerated gorilla walk with their arms sticking out. they think its funny. i smile, but half the time i wanna knock their teeth out.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:10 PM   #23
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Rich Knapp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 6,046
Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Reputation: 148270
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
i honestly take issue with the classification of "natural". i dwell in both worlds and i understand how it would come about but i think that, at its most basic premise, you are using chemicals (even food at its most basic or otherwise) to your advantage to reach a goal. also, i actually think its utter nonsense that a "natural" is defined by what is legal.

that said. i love and respect both sides of the lifting world, and i think jumping on aas, slin, or hgh is a personal choice. i think the real issue here is the bullshit that media pumps out about steroids and how horrible they are, while they run ads telling middle aged men they should go get their testerone levels checked so that a drug company can sell androgel.

the pure ignorance of the general public on what and how bad aas actually are(n't) pisses me off more than anything. i dislike that there is a line in the sand and that people choose to hate on others for their choices. no one makes fun of the fat guy down the hall for eating a coffee cake while he claims to be trying to lose weight. no one picks on the lady who brought a salad with a gallon of ranch dressing who is trying to trim up...seriously, the truth is lost.

it cracks me up that the two sides you would think would be at each other's throats the most (natural bb'ers and juiced bb'ers) for the most part, have a mutual respect and understanding. no one at my gym, natty or sauced, hates on the other. we actually all look out for each other, no matter which side you land on.

and to finish: if you are using a substance that is banned by a certain competition or a certain federation, you're cheating. bottom line. so dont go to the WNBF with your synthetic piss claiming you are within the rules. how can you feel good winning like that? in my opinion, you're just too pussy to compete elsewhere.
Exactaly. Its the medea that creats the static just for a story. But yes there are many opptions so compete in the fed you are training as. This is why WNBF is re-inforceing the random door nock testing. NO comply is a atomatic FAIL.
I'm 100% natural but respect anyone that puts in the time and energy. UNLESS there a known but not busted CHEATER. Thats like a 17 year old pounding the crap out of a 10 year old and being proud and bragging. The 17 your old need to run into a 25 year old MMA fighter and learn a lesson.
__________________
DFAC Wheelchair Rep.
"3D Muscle Journey" Sponsored Athlete
"If you think your lean enough. Your 4 weeks out, keep going."
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:15 PM   #24
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
 
5kgLifter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,927
Training Type: Other
Reputation: 646483
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default

When hubby informed a friend of his that I'm a member of a forum that are into weight training his automatic assumption was that every one of them must be on steroids.

Unfortunate stereotype but like every other stereotype it sticks.
__________________
36.5 kg /80.3 lb Middle-Finger DL (right hand)...
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:21 PM   #25
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Rich Knapp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 6,046
Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Reputation: 148270
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
When hubby informed a friend of his that I'm a member of a forum that are into weight training his automatic assumption was that every one of them must be on steroids.

Unfortunate stereotype but like every other stereotype it sticks.
YA, I have heard people talk in the back round "Theres no way he got that wide naturally" it hurt on the side of all the hard work I put in, a complement on the side of my size. Again stereo typing due to size compaired to tea totaling, capocheno drinking, cell phone talking during cardio, lazy people.
__________________
DFAC Wheelchair Rep.
"3D Muscle Journey" Sponsored Athlete
"If you think your lean enough. Your 4 weeks out, keep going."
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:26 PM   #26
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,268
Reputation: 150539
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
When hubby informed a friend of his that I'm a member of a forum that are into weight training his automatic assumption was that every one of them must be on steroids.

Unfortunate stereotype but like every other stereotype it sticks.
I was "Informed" by a friend that I should get off of free weights as they are dangerous. My recent back issues were brought up as the main reason why I should use machines as they were safer.

This person who was telling me this, was told this by a "Trainer" several years ago.

The general public are ignorant of so many things that they feel compelled to speak out on.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 PM   #27
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
 
bamazav's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 4,985
Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
Reputation: 223901
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default

Not to hijack the thread but, does my taking Dr. prescribed Androgel for 6 months, yes TitanCT had my T checked, make me no a steroid user? Only thing it did to/for me was give me back my teen age acne. Stopped it and am now using Test Charge and Vitamin D3.
__________________
David, Husband, Father, Pastor
(Yasen Miroslav Zavadil)

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:32 PM   #28
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%
 
5kgLifter's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,927
Training Type: Other
Reputation: 646483
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Knapp View Post
YA, I have heard people talk in the back round "Theres no way he got that wide naturally" it hurt on the side of all the hard work I put in, a complement on the side of my size. Again stereo typing due to size compaired to tea totaling, capocheno drinking, cell phone talking during cardio, lazy people.
That kind of talk really stings more so because of the hard work that's been put in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I was "Informed" by a friend that I should get off of free weights as they are dangerous. My recent back issues were brought up as the main reason why I should use machines as they were safer.

This person who was telling me this, was told this by a "Trainer" several years ago.

The general public are ignorant of so many things that they feel compelled to speak out on.
Yep, people are great at that, any sport related injury means the sport is bad, but if you fall on ice during a bad winter, not one person will tell you that you should stop walking because it's dangerous.
__________________
36.5 kg /80.3 lb Middle-Finger DL (right hand)...
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 PM   #29
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
BigFiveFive's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Illinios, eatin chickenz
Posts: 877
Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
Reputation: 14965
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post

the pure ignorance of the general public on what and how bad aas actually are(n't) pisses me off more than anything. i dislike that there is a line in the sand and that people choose to hate on others for their choices. no one makes fun of the fat guy down the hall for eating a coffee cake while he claims to be trying to lose weight. no one picks on the lady who brought a salad with a gallon of ranch dressing who is trying to trim up...seriously, the truth is lost.
Haha, this got me thinking. It makes me laugh how stupid people are, they'll approach me (5'10 205lbs/180comp weight) and TELL me that im on steroids and how they make your dick small (?) but however when I tell them how wrong in every way they are but then inform them that their beloved favorite MLB or NFL superstar is using steroids im then again the idiot because thats not possible...

LULZ
__________________
Advanced Muscle Science Representative

Get your Fixx at the Muscle and Strength store!
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sto...e-science.html

Or our online store!
www.advancedmusclescience.com

Don't talk about it, Be about it
!

TEAM THOR!
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:48 PM   #30
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
Rich Knapp's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 6,046
Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Reputation: 148270
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Not to hijack the thread but, does my taking Dr. prescribed Androgel for 6 months, yes TitanCT had my T checked, make me no a steroid user? Only thing it did to/for me was give me back my teen age acne. Stopped it and am now using Test Charge and Vitamin D3.
In some natural fed (NANBF is one) its doc prescribed and you would be ok as long as test levels tested in normal level.

Unfortunately the INBF and WNBF have a no bend rule thanks to people going and getting it prescribed for lifting purposes. So for them you would fail.
A case of a few ruined it for many. BUT if it was over 7 years ago for the last use, your ok.


I admit my levels were low- M.S. and age. I also take Test Charge and V-D the boy is back. lol
__________________
DFAC Wheelchair Rep.
"3D Muscle Journey" Sponsored Athlete
"If you think your lean enough. Your 4 weeks out, keep going."

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 01-12-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
bodybuilders, natural, steroids


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody read "Better Than Steroids"? jwood Nutrition, Diet and Supplements 23 07-14-2010 11:53 PM
Rippednmichian Is "Doing What Come's Natural" rippednmichigan Training Logs 572 04-02-2010 06:36 AM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.