Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My results suck! (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5124)

buZZkiLL 01-11-2011 03:04 PM

My results suck!
 
My results suck. Seriously I need to find a way to eat and train that doesn't involve living in the gym but that gets results an I need a way to eat that doesn't force me to cook all the damn time. Is there any easy way to build muscle?

ILoveLifting 01-11-2011 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 105969)
My results suck. Seriously I need to find a way to eat and train that doesn't involve living in the gym but that gets results an I need a way to eat that doesn't force me to cook all the damn time. Is there any easy way to build muscle?

Brotha, nothing in life comes easy. And if youre fortunate enough to have been fed with a silver spoon, then go buy some implants. Otherwise, the only resort is passion and hardwork.

andys_trim 01-11-2011 03:13 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Building muscle is not easy. But there are easier ways to do it than the complicated programs in magazines.

There is no reason to live in the gym. More volume does not equal more muscle. Naturals should be in and out of the gym in about an hour, I personally stick to this because more feels like too much to me. Bust it on basic compound movements (bench, deadlifts, OHP, and squats) and then leave.

As far as food. You have to have a surplus of calories. You need to get these from a god combination of protein fats and carbs. The other guys are better with diet than I am so I will let them help you with that.

The basic formula for muscle: East big, Lift big, Sleep, and Repeat. You gotta bust it to see results you want.

We all want to help you succeed in your goals.

Carl1174 01-11-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 105969)
My results suck. Seriously I need to find a way to eat and train that doesn't involve living in the gym but that gets results an I need a way to eat that doesn't force me to cook all the damn time. Is there any easy way to build muscle?

NO.

You dont need to live in the gym, if thats what you have been doing then thay is probably why your results 'suck' get on a good 3 day routine (fullbody, upper/lower, push/pull/legs whatever), make sure you are eating an abundance of calories (just over maintenance to start with then add calories if you arent adding weight) and get plenty of rest. Your muscles grow when you are restingm, thats why i call rest days GROW days. If you hit them hard enough 3 days per week, that gives you 4 full days for them to grow and recover :)

As far as the diet goes its all about the preperation, just take an hour to prepare all the food for the following day and you will be fine. If you cant find and hour mate then there is something wrong, I can and I have 4 kids a full time job etc etc... look at is a necessary part of your training and make sure you do it with as much thought and conviction as the routine. Diet is key for success and if people put as much effort into designing their diet as they do in designing their routine then most people would get much better results :)

hope this helps

Carl.

andys_trim 01-11-2011 03:20 PM

Muscles are made in the kitchen, brother!!

Rich Knapp 01-11-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 105969)
My results suck. Seriously I need to find a way to eat and train that doesn't involve living in the gym but that gets results an I need a way to eat that doesn't force me to cook all the damn time. Is there any easy way to build muscle?

Nothing is easy. If you are doing to much cardio or lifting to long per day or to many days you are sabotaging your self for gains.

Gain come with the right combo of diet-work outs-recovery.

Maybe start a thread log and we all can help you tweak it for results. Every one is diffrent for the right combanation for gains.

buZZkiLL 01-11-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILoveLifting (Post 105972)
Brotha, nothing in life comes easy. And if youre fortunate enough to have been fed with a silver spoon, then go buy some implants. Otherwise, the only resort is passion and hardwork.

Let me restate this. I don't mind working hard but I just don't feel that training 6 days per week is good for me right now. I got other things in life going on yet all these d00ds on bodybuilding.com keep telling me high volume is the way to go.

It's not that I don't want to work hard. I just want to know if I can in only 3 to 4 days a week??? I would also like some eating help so i don't have to count every gram of everything.

I'm average height and weight, about 18% bodyfat. Nothing special. Just not seeing many changes from all this work and cooking.

dmaipa 01-11-2011 03:38 PM

you should check out Muscle and Brawns workout routines. there are a whole bunch in the database that call for only 3-4 days

Workout Routines

Rich Knapp 01-11-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 106003)
Let me restate this. I don't mind working hard but I just don't feel that training 6 days per week is good for me right now. I got other things in life going on yet all these d00ds on bodybuilding.com keep telling me high volume is the way to go.

It's not that I don't want to work hard. I just want to know if I can in only 3 to 4 days a week??? I would also like some eating help so i don't have to count every gram of everything.

I'm average height and weight, about 18% bodyfat. Nothing special. Just not seeing many changes from all this work and cooking.

High volume don't mean times a week, its per work out.
YES 3-4 days a week, high volume (high number of sets)20-30 sets, less than 2 hours gym time you can make gains if you nutrition and sleep are good.
But yes on bb.com there is to much hype. real world here.

big_swede 01-11-2011 03:42 PM

1, Drink a Gallon of wholemilk with 100 grams of protein powder added to it every day + your normal meals.
2, Squat, push and pull your ass of 3 times a week, and add weight or reps every week.
3, GROW!

*Also check out the muscle and brown database on old time lifters and their routines and lots of other basic good-to-know reading!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.