Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:22 AM   #11
mstott25
New Brawn
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: <1 year
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Kre-Alkalyn EFX
mstott25 is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Those are great exercises to use, and with your lifting experience t I see no issue using them. I would run at minimum something like an A/B split, alternating every other workout:

Or you could just do this:

...Maybe even alternating calves and abs each workout to save some time.

I'm not a big fan on doing deadlifts every day though, so I would recommend either doing them every other workout, or on Wednesday's only. I also wasn't sure if alternating between exercises like rows and pullups was an option...
This looks great.

After last week I agree about deadlifts. I was only doing one set of deadlifts in Starting Strength and the most I had done was 310x5. Last week I wanted to try doing one major lift a day and I did deadlifts on Tuesday - 315x5; 315x5; 315x7. I was shot the rest of the week.

Do you agree with his rep and set scheme, specifically going light 2x a week the first two weeks and then progressing as he describes after that? Or should I just focus on these lifts and progressive poundage from the get-go?

As far as abs - my wife has an ab roller that I like to use. Any problem with skipping abs at the gym and just doing the ab wheel at home?

Thanks for the feedback, we're getting somewhere!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:19 PM   #12
mstott25
New Brawn
Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6 Points: 312, Level: 6
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: <1 year
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Kre-Alkalyn EFX
mstott25 is off to a bad start
Default Sick!

Wow, I got hit with some virus on Monday and was running a fever through Wednesday, I haven't been this sick in a while, I'll spare you all the rest of the details!

I had actually been coming down with something a couple of times throughout December and never took any time off for training, just figured I'd get better. I'm hardly ever sick so I was surprised I kept getting bogged down with things until finally this week it really nailed me.

I definitely think continuing to train through sickness weakened my immune system, I won't make that mistake again.

So having said all of that, I'm still not back to 100% but I'm much better than I was the past two days. I know I'll be taking it easy through this weekend and it depends on how I feel Monday whether or not I'll start training again next week or not.

I did receive Stuart McRobert's book and have been reading it the past two days. I still like bendthebar's workout plan the best and think that's what I'm going to go with for the next few months.

I'll keep you guys updated and start a training log as soon as I get back on the wagon