Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #1
.D.
Banned
New Brawn
Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Seated Military Press
.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start
Default How long should you stick to a workout?

I apoligise if my iggnorance here will annoy experienced lifters, but the more I research the more confused I get regarding how long we should stick to our workout routines.

I've got 2 - 3 routines which I like & I see & feel my body improving with these routines. However I'm always coming across articles which state that you should switch routines every 6 - 8 weeks. Can I stick to my routine? Or should I change every 6 - 8 weeks?

Also, I read that one shouldn't train for more than 1 hour - 3 times a week. But I like to train for 2 - 2.5 hrs Mon - Sat. So is this too much? Am I doing detremental damage to my body that I'll come to regret later on in my life?

Also I like to use Supersets, Tri-Sets & Giant Sets all the time as I get a tremendous pump, & also it saves time for me. Am I correct in incorporating these techniques in every workout?

Again I apoligise for my iggnorance, but my head is seriously fried with all the information I'm taking in. I don't know what is true & what's a gimmick...

Thank you

David
.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links