Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
.D.
Banned
New Brawn
Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Seated Military Press
.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start
Default Pre Workout "Rituals"

This may be a weird thread I'm starting, but I'm just curious as to know if any of you have any pre workout "rituals"?

Personally, I like to brush my teeth before I lift weights. I feel that it stops my mouth from getting dry during my workout. Or maybe it's just in my mind, I don't know, but it works for me.

I knew somebody a few years back that would put Jimi Hendrix on his CD player whilst driving to the gym. He said it made him "zone out".
.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Hmmm...

Now that I think about it, I don't really have any kind of ritual. I have music that I listen to while lifting, but nothing in particular that I do that get myself psyched up.

Sometimes while working out when I am feeling a little drained or on my last set, I'll mumble "light weight, light weight" to myself.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I listen to the same 3 CDs while training, and sip on whey while training. If I listen to any other music it distracts me. I am also obsessed with lifting in 60 minutes or less. I fear stretching because I always get strains from it. So I completely avoid stretching. And I always do the same number of warmup sets with the same weight and progression for each exercise that I must follow or my head implodes.

I don't have any substantial pre-workout rituals. Most of my obsessions come when lifting.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-06-2011 at 02:01 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Urban Sniper Champion!
Training Exp: A few
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I have a ritualistic warmup... 3 arm rotations (forward & back), 3 hip rotations (left & right), and 3 knee/ankle rotations (left & right), 10 barbell swings, 10 lunges forward, 10 lunges backard, and 10 sidesteps in each direction or I injure myself.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #5
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

I work out in morning:
  1. M/T bladder and weigh myself
  2. Take wake up sups
  3. Have a 1/2 cigar
  4. Weigh out and eat breakfast
  5. Have other 1/2 cigar
  6. Weigh out and pack all my Post work out sups
  7. Weigh out and take Pre work out sups
  8. Leave for gym (10 mins away)
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

i always refill my gallon jug and add more BCAA's. i usually find a couple of songs on my iPod and blare them in my truck. summer time is better with the windows down and all that kinda stuff. i get my notebook out and start my journal for the day.
unless its leg day i wrap my wrists then go to the first exercise. sometimes i kinda let my eyes blur some and try to visualize my lift befor ei do it. sort of get a feel for it, especially on heavy weights. i take my time getting mentally set.

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Learn.Apply.Grow

www.advancedmusclescience.com

ForeRunnerLabs
www.forerunnerlabs.com/

The Lab
www.advancedmusclesciencelab.com//

"Abs on a skinny guy are like big boobs on a fat chick - they don't count." -Shelby Starnes
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:05 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I also have a black cat that comes down to my dungeon with me...Piggy Pigs.

I pet the cat in between sets.

Who knew?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #8
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

usually when its a pretty quiet time before i head to the gym..just pack up my gym bag, take my pre-workout supps, and on the drive to the gym just have silence..nothing too insane, i just know when I start to lift its like an animal was finally released from his cage..haha..but i do it silently.

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Rituals? Hmm. if you do not count the bloody sacrifice of ego on the altar of iron or the daily feasts or fasts before and/or after training or the mutilation of records on a regular basis, then there are no rituals that really matter.

Srs. Most ritualistic thing I do is fix something to drink before heading to the Dog House.

2014 100%RAW American Challenge, May 31, 2014:
Squat 292
Bench 176
Deadlift 375 PR
Total - 843 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

I forgot my big pre-workout ritual...making sure I start my working so that it's finished before my wife gets home.