Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:42 AM   #21
.D.
Banned
New Brawn
Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2 Points: 116, Level: 2
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Seated Military Press
.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start.D. is off to a good start

Some interesting posts there guys! The human condition is an amazing format, we need change so we don't hit plateuas but also we need a strictness/security/ritual to build up a foundation for ourselves. Maybe I'll have a blast at some of these pre workout "rituals" before I fire up the weights next time! haha

D
.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2011, 06:52 AM   #22
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

I have never really realised it but I always park up out side the gym close my eyes and finish listening to whatever song was on the radio (whether i like it or not) before gettin out of the car.... strange.

Other than that nothing. Although before i squat I ALWAYS put both hands on the bar and try to jerk it backwards (although its in the pins) and grunt twice before getting under it

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 07:19 AM   #23
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The only thing I require is to be left alone so I can do what I need to do.

I don't need a ritual to chop wood, mow the lawn, move furniture, or any other work I may do during the course of a day. Working out is just another thing to be done. I enjoy the work as it is challenging, but it's just work to be done when you break it down.

I used to work in a lumber yard. I would spend 12hrs a day doing heavy work. I didn't need a ritual to prepare for a day of heavy work.

In a way, I think getting too dependant on certain rituals is conterproductive. Just go do the work. Stop thinking so much about it, and just lift the weight.

I recall watching a vid not too long ago, of a very well known BB. All the buildup, and yelling, and bravado was just stupid, IMO. I remember thinking to myself, OMG!! Do the frigging set, and be done with it already!

Thats just me.

Last edited by glwanabe; 01-07-2011 at 07:25 AM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:18 PM   #24
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I sometimes yell a lot, but just to entertain myself.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #25
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I sometimes yell a lot, but just to entertain myself.
I've seen your vids and you yelling. That is nothing compared to what this guy was doing.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #26
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I've seen your vids and you yelling. That is nothing compared to what this guy was doing.
I know. I was just being a silly willy.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #27
BigTallOx
NAS Strongman
Max Brawn
Points: 4,870, Level: 44 Points: 4,870, Level: 44 Points: 4,870, Level: 44

BigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machineBigTallOx is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by .D. View Post
This may be a weird thread I'm starting, but I'm just curious as to know if any of you have any pre workout "rituals"?
I don't know if this is a ritual, but all my training sessions pretty much start out the same way. I walk into Van's huge strongman storage unit. He says "Hey what's up bud". I say "Not much, how's it going?" Van says "Not much big man, what you doing today?". I say "whatever you're doing." And then the session starts.......

His strongman storage unit doesn't have a bathroom or running water, so I always make sure I have a gallon jug of water with me, and usually sometime during our warm up I have to make a trip outside to take a wiz.

330 farmers 40 feet 12 seconds
545 deadlift double overhand no straps
700 pound tire, 50 feet, 30 seconds

www.bigtallox.com

"BIG sums this man up. He hasn't scratched his potential yet. With some work he will be one of the top HW masters in the US if he keeps at it." - Jay Hagadorn

Last edited by BigTallOx; 01-08-2011 at 09:24 AM.
BigTallOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #28
Trevor Ross
Max Brawn
Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41 Points: 4,170, Level: 41
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 10 years
Fav Supp: Food
Trevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributorTrevor Ross is a dedicated contributor

Tie my shoes, take a leak, and wash my hands.
Trevor Ross is offline   Reply With Quote