Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #51
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

no i wont be in that line of work ill be their electrician, basically for chevron or pride or somebody like that, making like 27.32 an hour starting or 25.32 an hour i forgot what the guy told me
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #52
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

can i pyramid the weight on high rep days or whatever it should be called when i do it like this-170x12/175x10/180x8???

Also on the moves im progressing on can i do this on all days?
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:19 PM   #53
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
can i pyramid the weight on high rep days or whatever it should be called when i do it like this-170x12/175x10/180x8???

Also on the moves im progressing on can i do this on all days?
I covered this aspect of progression, and added it to the original writeup post.
Basically, yes you can do this. Just look at the sample progression scheme to see how to continue to work from that point on.

You might consider only going to 8 reps on both the 2nd and 3rd sets, and then next session start to push on the 2nd.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/96504-post1.html
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 PM   #54
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Thanks gl, FINALLY i have a thought thats not out of question im getting better at this lol, thanks bro
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #55
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
Thanks gl, FINALLY i have a thought thats not out of question im getting better at this lol, thanks bro
There are various ways to work the progression. There is not really a wrong way perse', to progress, but there are some ways that make more sense to use than others.

This is an apsect that everybody needs to understand, and be able to work with. I've been really busy lately, but I'll try to do some more writeups on progression.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:33 PM   #56
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Thanks gl i know how ill do it now most likely- 135x12/170x8/190x8 or 185x8
Old 01-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #57
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Gl can i do everyday like i did today, first set 12 reps, 2nd set drop to 8 reps+5 pounds, thirdset 8 reps +5 pounds, add reps to the 2nd set each week
Old 01-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #58
glwanabe
Max Brawn

You did this today

Squat-
135x12
170x8
180x8

Next time start building reps on the 2nd set until you hit 12. When you do, then start building reps on the 3rd set.

Go to the challange thread and look at the example I wrote.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #59
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

O i see now basically do it like this so that im not stopping the rep progression im still building reps i took a look at the example so something like

135x12
170x8
180x8

135x12
170x9
180x8

135x12
170x10
180x8

135x12
170x11
180x8

135x12
170x12
180x8

now drop to 8 and add reps to third set then reach both top rep ranges and add weight
Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #60
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

<(o_O)>
MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote