Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #11
dmaipa
Living in the Shadows
Max Brawn
Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73 Points: 12,684, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Food
dmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machinedmaipa is a lifting machine

I just think when a kid is doing it..it's a different story..not doubting his dedication to lifting and his physique is crazy

THE AIPA PROJECT | HAWAII FITNESS AND AWESOME KU LIFESTYLE BLOG

Youtube Channel: THE AIPA PROJECT

Twitter, Instagram, Facebook: @theaipaproject
dmaipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #12
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

I've changed my mind somewhat.
I was wrong to say the boy would be someone to admire if he stayed drug-free.
He is not responsible for his genes.

Making the most of a genetic gift through dedication and hard work - yes that's admirable, certainly - but no more than anyone else who trains hard and eats right with crappy genetics; these people deserve just as much respect and admiration.

But they don't get it, coz they don't look good.

The greater issue here is our perceptions. How and why we choose the people we admire.

So, no. I do not find any reason to respect or admire this individual for his achievements, such as they are.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #13
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

I do agree with you D on the aspect of a child doing AS.

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #14
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
I do agree with you D on the aspect of a child doing AS.
On the child issue.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 04:37 PM   #15
ILoveLifting
Strength Fiend
Max Brawn
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: New York Strips and V8
ILoveLifting is off to a bad start

The parents of this young man should be arrested.
ILoveLifting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 06:03 PM   #16
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

I don't think a kid should rock the roids. He is massive I will give him that..But I would still choke him out in 5 secs =)

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How old is the guy? Did I miss his age?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post

Making the most of a genetic gift through dedication and hard work -1 yes that's admirable, certainly - but no more than anyone else who trains hard and eats right with crappy genetics; these people deserve just as much respect and admiration.

2But they don't get it, coz they don't look good.

3The greater issue here is our perceptions. How and why we choose the people we admire.

So, no. I do not find any reason to respect or admire this individual for his achievements, such as they are.
#1. no matter what route any man has taken to get somewhere if he has used hard work to get there it is admirable end of story IMO. i don't know how that can be argued.

#2. in who's eye's are you saying they don't get recognition. cuz in my eye's and i'm assuming most of the members of this site i don't care what your body type is or what you look like huge gains are huge gains.

#3. you are damning the man for the same reason you are sayin someone else should not be. PERCEPTIONS!! steroids are not percieved to be evil all around the world. nor are they perceived to be evil by myself. you said its all about how and why we choose to admire someone. why can we not admire the man who chose to use a synthetic way to get to where he wanted to be just as much as the man who does not have the "perfect" body type and NATURALLY gets to where he wants to be. i think the issue here is seeing things for what they are. if a man uses a drug then realize the route he chose and give him credit if it is due on that path. if a man chooses to do things naturally then give him credit on that path. if a man chooses to be a bodybuilder or a powerlifter and has a different body type because of it then give him credit on that path. whatever it may be i don't think we should close our minds to the fact that we all take a different path to our goals and no one should be damned for achieving a high status on any one of those paths.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

One thing I will say, and I'm sure TitanCT will agree with, is that there are a crap-ton of lifters out there who do juice who look like utter poo-poo.

Juice or no juice, those that lift heavy and get big are working their bing-bongs off while 90% of the community chalks it up to good genetics or some other nonsense.

I can't tell you how many times someone assumed I have good genetics just because I can "squat X", etc.

There are many, many guys probably taking a world more juice than this fellow who are 3 times smaller. I respect the hard work. Hard work is hard work. I don't know the guy's background, nor his age, nor am I advocating roid use.

I admire hard work. There are far too many guys in gyms not getting it done. There are far too many guys not getting it done at the dinner table as well.

My 2 cents, mileage may vary.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:32 PM   #20
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I admire hard work.
exactly!!!!!
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote