Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-17-2010, 03:42 PM   #1
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor
Default My girlfriend is coming to the gym

After over a year, I have finally convinced my girlfriend to come to the gym with me. Does anyone have any suggestions (or links to your suggestions) for a workout that I can help her with. I know she can't be doing the same things I am, since she is just a beginner. But I want her to enjoy it as much as I do and hope to make it a part of her life. Any help is appreciated.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2010, 03:45 PM   #2
PCT
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

best adive i can give you is let her do her own thing and you do yours... everytime i try helping my gf she questions every lil detail of what i am telling her...
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
andys_trim
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

She asked me to come with and help her so I want to at least try

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
Old 12-17-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Don't have very high expectations the first visit. Especially if you had to convince her.

Just make her feel comfortable and answer questions. Let her try what you do at an appropriate weight. Make it fun. Don't go in expecting this to be a hardcore session for you. This is time you need to spend as her mentor, in what is happening.

She needs to feel empowered to want to come back, not as though she doesn't belong. Anything she does is an acomplishment.

If she shows interest in having a program of her own to follow, then have her do a basic fullbody program. Keep it very simple, and keep the weights light.
This is more about getting a taste of what a workout is, rather than having the meal.

Once she decides she wants to push a little harder, then the 2nd set should be upped to make it harder. Build from there.

squat..........2x10
pulldown......2x10
press..........2x10
bench.........2x10
BB/DB curl...1x10
tricep move.1x10
abs

Last edited by glwanabe; 12-17-2010 at 04:09 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #5
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Don't have very high expectations the first visit. Especially if you had to convince her.

Just make her feel comfortable and answer questions. Let her try what you do at an appropriate weight. Make it fun. Don't go in expecting this to be a hardcore session for you. This is time you need to spend as her mentor, in what is happening.

She needs to feel empowered to want to come back, not as though she doesn't belong. Anything she does is an acomplishment.

If she shows interest in having a program of her own to follow, then have her do a basic fullbody program. Keep it very simple, and keep the weights light.
This is more about getting a taste of what a workout is, rather than having the meal.

Once she decides she wants to push a little harder, then the 2nd set should be upped to make it harder. Build from there.

squat..........2x10
pulldown......2x10
press..........2x10
bench.........2x10
BB/DB curl...1x10
tricep move..x10
abs
nice post and i completely agree.
if you want it to be something she continues...make it fun for her. take an easy night for yourself like GL said...exactly.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #6
andys_trim
Max Brawn

Thanks guys. She was a dancer so the iron is completely new to her.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 05:41 PM   #8
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippednmichigan View Post
Nnnnnnoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!
That was my first thought as well.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #9
andys_trim
Max Brawn

Why not?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:32 PM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
Why not?
It's all good Andy. Take her and have fun. There will be other places that you can have a man only place.