Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-15-2010, 01:22 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Is there any replacement for...

One of the most common questions I receive on a back workout is...

"Is there any replacement for barbell rows, dumbbell rows, pullups and deadlifts?

I'm not sure what it is about heavy back lifts, but when it comes to people trying to take the easy route, 90% of the questions I get like this are about back.

I never have someone trying to get out of bench press.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
Gene
Brawn
Points: 1,654, Level: 23 Points: 1,654, Level: 23 Points: 1,654, Level: 23
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4yrs in chair competing
Gene has made some quality postsGene has made some quality postsGene has made some quality postsGene has made some quality postsGene has made some quality postsGene has made some quality posts

Nope,big weights=big back!! No way around it!
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post

"Is there any replacement for barbell rows, dumbbell rows, pullups and deadlifts?

I'm not sure what it is about heavy back lifts, but when it comes to people trying to take the easy route, 90% of the questions I get like this are about back.

Not possible they can lat pull their self to death with no benefit
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #4
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:

Yes, quitting.
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think back is like the anti-chest.

My wife hates training back too.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

Coming from a fighting back ground and around some of the strongest back in the world most don't do dead lifts and if they are done they are do with low weight. I have hauled up 500 + lbs and have done nothing but hurt myself, I have also rowed DB as high as 160-170, Hammer str rowed 8 plates, BB Rowed myself into the earth and nothing..But, Pull Up of all variations with body weight and with out have brought my back a hell of a lot of success...either for fighting or back power and size nothing has brought me more the pull ups.

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:10 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

My point isn't so much about specific exercises as it is about the reluctance of many young lifters to work the back hard at all...

I get the feeling they just want 3 sets of lat pulldowns and done.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #8
PCT
Max Brawn
Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42 Points: 4,446, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 5.75 years
Fav Exercise: DB Presses
Fav Supp: Purus Labs Amino.D
PCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributorPCT is a dedicated contributor

I HAVENT SEEN ONE GUY AT MY GYM THAT EVEN KNOWS HOW TO TRAIN BACK... ON DB ROWS THAT SNATCH WITH THERE BICEP... T BAR ROWS HAVE A 1 SECOND NEGATIVE AND A 4 SECOND POSITIVE AND EVERYONE USES WAY TOO MUCH WEIGHT ON PULLDOWNS...

I DIDNT SEE RESULTS IN BACK WIDTH UNTILL I DROP THE WEIGHT ON PULLDOWNS AND CONCENTRATED ON PULLING FROM THE ARM PIT INSTEAD OF THE BICEP LOL...

LUCKILY ON DB ROWS I HAVE ALWAYS DONE THESE RIGHT... STILL TEND TO GO TOO HEAVY ON BB ROWS THOUGH
PCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:23 PM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:

Faceplam, just facepalm, that is all.
You can do cable rows, but at some point you need to move some weight. One way or the other, you have to do some actual work.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #10
#Maverick#
Mental State Is Zenlike
Max Brawn
Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36 Points: 3,352, Level: 36
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: About 8 Months
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: MILK
#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts#Maverick# has made some very good posts

i love training back idk about u guys
#Maverick# is offline   Reply With Quote