Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How to do a proper Arnie Db Shoulder Press (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4833)

Rich Knapp 12-03-2010 06:36 PM

How to do a proper Arnie Db Shoulder Press

bamazav 12-04-2010 09:44 AM

Great Video.

Rich Knapp 12-04-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 97887)
Great Video.

Thanks b. Ya I seen a bunch of guys at the gym doing them wrong. So I thought what a great idea for a post.

bamazav 12-04-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 97902)
Thanks b. Ya I seen a bunch of guys at the gym doing them wrong. So I thought what a great idea for a post.

A great idea indeed. One difference I can see right off in the form shown on the video is that you would not have to use really heavy poundage to get some good work. The more common, straight up approach may allow for heavier weights, but as the video points out, does and can hurt the elbow. I am going to play with this approach abit.

BTW, have you watched Charles Glass' shoulder training video? It is quite good also, though he doesn't include Arnolds, his approach to front raises and side laterals is very helpful and similar to this video.

Rich Knapp 12-04-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 97918)
A great idea indeed. One difference I can see right off in the form shown on the video is that you would not have to use really heavy poundage to get some good work. The more common, straight up approach may allow for heavier weights, but as the video points out, does and can hurt the elbow. I am going to play with this approach abit.

BTW, have you watched Charles Glass' shoulder training video? It is quite good also, though he doesn't include Arnolds, his approach to front raises and side laterals is very helpful and similar to this video.

Glass knows his stuff. His vids are very good. I personaly do use his form for some lifts. Mostly for Bi's and the H.S. ISO High Row for Saturation sets and Rep Range sets.

bamazav 12-04-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 97936)
Glass knows his stuff. His vids are very good. I personaly do use his form for some lifts. Mostly for Bi's and the H.S. ISO High Row for Saturation sets and Rep Range sets.

His side lats have helped my shoulder pain. He uses the smith machine for a lot of stuff and I do not have one in my garage.

Rich Knapp 12-04-2010 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamazav (Post 97937)
His side lats have helped my shoulder pain. He uses the smith machine for a lot of stuff and I do not have one in my garage.

A lot of H.S. ISO also. I thik this is for the quick safe weight changes and still have the free weight effect.

Zipz 12-14-2010 09:57 AM

Are arnold presses better than front raises?

Rich Knapp 12-14-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipz (Post 99515)

• Front raises are more isolated for the front delts.
  • Arnolds do the whole delt but hit the front more.

bamazav 12-14-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zipz (Post 99515)

I would not say better, I would say different. Rich's response is spot on.