Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default My rant for the day

How come so many of the lifters that focus on "form" and "feeling the weight" have to rip on guys that lift heavy by pretending that they all bounce weight off their chests and do half squats?

Nonsense.

I've focused on form for 20+ years, never bounced weight, never did half squats, etc.

Personally, if you're going to start generalizing about heavy lifters in this manner, I think you're only trying to make yourself feel better.

I have no issue with focusing on form or feel. I focus on form. Let's not pretend it's form or weight.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 12-01-2010 at 01:04 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How come so many of the lifters that focus on "form" and "feeling the weight" have to rip on guys that lift heavy by pretending that they all bounce weight off their chests and do half squats?

Nonsense.

I've focused on form for 20+ years, never bounced weight, never did half squats, etc.

Personally, if you're going to start generalizing about heavy lifters in this manner, I think you're only trying to make yourself feel better.

I have no issue with focusing on form or feel. I focus on form. Let's not pretend it's form or weight.
^^^^What He Said!
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Form Nazi argument destroyed in 3 easy steps:
1. Lifting heavier even with "bad" form, as long as ROM is complete, recruits and tears more muscle fibers than litfing lighter with perfect form.
2. If I lift more weight than you no matter how sloppy, I am stronger
3. If you lift less weight than me no matter how perfect, you are weaker
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I will also admit that I do controlled cheat curls because I like the feeling of power.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #5
ricka182
Time to start over...
Max Brawn
Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45 Points: 5,008, Level: 45
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench & Deads
Fav Supp: VPX Power Shock & PLCAR
ricka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machinericka182 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
1. Lifting heavier even with "bad" form, as long as ROM is complete, recruits and tears more muscle fibers than litfing lighter with perfect form.
^^^This!!!!!!
ricka182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Lane View Post
This is the daily quote, well said trev!
Old 12-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Cant i rant to?

Theres 2 power racks where i lift.
When i arrived to the gym today, both was occupied. Fine, i was going for some DB presses and didnt have the need for one right away. What disturbed me was that in one of them, 2 guys in their mid 20's had placed a soft padded rug, and were doing legraises from the floor while holding a ol BB loaded with total of 110 lbs in bench lockout. It was silly, but i didnt think much of it.

Well after my db presses i was going for some ohp bb work, and intended to use the rack. It was still occupied by above mentioned morons, doing reverse grip pullups. in the power rack. when there is a wallmounted bar for that purpose. Then i got mad, loaded my barbell up and cleaned it to do some presses. Above mentioned idiots starts to walk right by my back to get something. I was pisses at this point and it screwed up my set.

I am sick of lifting in a place surrounded by idiots and 110 lb kids with ILS. I want a big fucking basement or warehouse or something, filled with heavy meal and rusty barbells, naked chicks and angry iron brothers. And without any fucking nautilus machines taking up space you could have used for a squat rack.

Well that was my rant, thanks for letting me get this of my heart =)
Old 12-01-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Cant i rant to?

Theres 2 power racks where i lift.
When i arrived to the gym today, both was occupied. Fine, i was going for some DB presses and didnt have the need for one right away. What disturbed me was that in one of them, 2 guys in their mid 20's had placed a soft padded rug, and were doing legraises from the floor while holding a ol BB loaded with total of 110 lbs in bench lockout. It was silly, but i didnt think much of it.

Well after my db presses i was going for some ohp bb work, and intended to use the rack. It was still occupied by above mentioned morons, doing reverse grip pullups. in the power rack. when there is a wallmounted bar for that purpose. Then i got mad, loaded my barbell up and cleaned it to do some presses. Above mentioned idiots starts to walk right by my back to get something. I was pisses at this point and it screwed up my set.

I am sick of lifting in a place surrounded by idiots and 110 lb kids with ILS. I want a big fucking basement or warehouse or something, filled with heavy meal and rusty barbells, naked chicks and angry iron brothers. And without any fucking nautilus machines taking up space you could have used for a squat rack.

Well that was my rant, thanks for letting me get this of my heart =)
Emmigrate to Iceland, I believe Nautilis machines violate federal law there.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:01 PM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Cant i rant to?

You can come workout in my garage gym. There's only one idiot there.
Two if you count the cat.

I only have a lat stand tower, a bench and stands, 2 oly bars, and 400lbs of weight. Getting more weight is easy though.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:04 PM   #10
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Add all the rants you want to this thread. They fuel my desire to succeed.