Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   chest/shoulders/back training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4656)

CoopDawg 11-11-2010 09:07 PM

chest/shoulders/back training
 
I am in the process of trying to build a bodybuilder's body, not wanting to get complicated just want know what you guys use for these bodyparts, open thread all can add their opinions. Now i Didnt put arms or abs because they get worked very easily. The shoulders/chest/back are a bodybuilders make-up, A pair of huge shoulders can make 17 inch arms look like 22's

dmaipa 11-11-2010 09:13 PM

nothing fancy..
chest - bench presses, incline presses, dips, flyes
shoulders - shoulder presses, raises
back - pull-ups, rows
all exercises you are already doing

CoopDawg 11-11-2010 09:16 PM

Yep thanks d just looking at ppls preferences

BendtheBar 11-12-2010 07:45 AM

Here are the staples I recommend:

Chest - Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench, Dips, Inclines
Shoulders - Barbell Press, Dumbbell Press
Back - Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows

glwanabe 11-12-2010 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 92525)

I am in the process of trying to build a bodybuilder's body.

Build your body, not everybody else's. Strength and health, with proportion will get you where you need to be. What final size are you trying to reach, and how do you know you can get there from here?

Bodybuilders body is a very open ended statement. What era of Bodybuilder?
If I asked you to show me a picture of what body your trying to achieve who would you show me?




Not wanting to get complicated just want know what you guys use for these bodyparts.

GOOD! Complicated is not needed!! Complicated strokes a lot of peoples ego, but does little to build muscle. It is not just as easy as asking what do you do? You have to build your body as a total unit. Everything interacts and affects the other parts. This is why a simple program is better than a complicated program. Especially for people who have not yet reached natural limits.

I love it when people say they can't work tri's on chest day, becasue they have hit there tri's so hard during bench. DUH! Your Tri's are about 50-70% worked, just finish them off, and be done with it.





Now i Didnt put arms or abs because they get worked very easily.

Arms need to be worked directly, but not nearly as much as people put energy into them. Abs need to worked hard, as well as lower back.



The shoulders/chest/back are a bodybuilders make-up.

This is an incomplete statement. Chest training takes up far too much space in most peoples workouts. They would do themselves a favor and put shoulder and back training well above building Arnolds chest. Arnolds chest was too big for his body. Most BB's have a chest too big for their frame.

You are also leaving out the hips and quads. You need power through your hips and quads to lift big weight. These guys with tiny waist who look like females with an hourglass figure do not impress me.


A pair of huge shoulders can make 17 inch arms look like 22's

NO!!! 17inch arms are big!! 22 inch arms are roided out freaks.


Look at my AV pic. How big do you think my arms are in that pic? Putting 1 inch of solid muscle on your arms is a BIG increase in muscle size.


There are lots of good programs out there too build a body with. You can just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks, and then use that as a program, and you will have some limited success.

You will have far better success if you lay out your entire program so that everything is covered methodically, and then work the program. It takes weeks to see changes, and years to make a serious dent. It does happen though with hard work.

Don't overthink, and do not make this more complicated than it needs to be. Let everybody else make that mistake. Just keep hitting it when it is time.

Some of the best programs you will find are labled as Golden age training methods. There is a lot of info on this subject here on MAB. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on how these, OLD GUYS, built bodies that most people will never have, nor could they hang with the training.

Here is some basic info on what you might be able to achieve for a well proportioned body.

In his “classic physique” book, Reeves said his formula for “ideal proportions” was as follows:

Muscle to bone ratios:
Arm size= 252% of wrist size
Calf size= 192% of ankle size
Neck Size= 79% of head size
Chest Size= 148% of pelvis size
Waist size= 86% of pelvis size
Thigh size= 175% of knee size

Steve Reeves’ height and weight chart for a bodybuilder (natural)
5’5” 160lbs
5’6” 165lbs
5’7” 170lbs
5’8” 175lbs
5’9” 180lbs
5’10” 185lbs
5’11” 190lbs
6’0” 200lbs
6’1” 210lbs
6’2” 220lbs
6’3” 230lbs
6’4” 240lbs
6’5” 250lbs

rippednmichigan 11-12-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 92558)
Here are the staples I recommend:

Chest - Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench, Dips, Inclines
Shoulders - Barbell Press, Dumbbell Press
Back - Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows

These are all movements I'm currently doing with awesome results, minus the deads ( back issues):mad:

CoopDawg 11-12-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 92570)
Look at my AV pic. How big do you think my arms are in that pic? Putting 1 inch of solid muscle on your arms is a BIG increase in muscle size.


There are lots of good programs out there too build a body with. You can just throw crap at the wall and see what sticks, and then use that as a program, and you will have some limited success.

You will have far better success if you lay out your entire program so that everything is covered methodically, and then work the program. It takes weeks to see changes, and years to make a serious dent. It does happen though with hard work.

Don't overthink, and do not make this more complicated than it needs to be. Let everybody else make that mistake. Just keep hitting it when it is time.

Some of the best programs you will find are labled as Golden age training methods. There is a lot of info on this subject here on MAB. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on how these, OLD GUYS, built bodies that most people will never have, nor could they hang with the training.

Here is some basic info on what you might be able to achieve for a well proportioned body.

In his “classic physique” book, Reeves said his formula for “ideal proportions” was as follows:

Muscle to bone ratios:
Arm size= 252% of wrist size
Calf size= 192% of ankle size
Neck Size= 79% of head size
Chest Size= 148% of pelvis size
Waist size= 86% of pelvis size
Thigh size= 175% of knee size

Steve Reeves’ height and weight chart for a bodybuilder (natural)
5’5” 160lbs
5’6” 165lbs
5’7” 170lbs
5’8” 175lbs
5’9” 180lbs
5’10” 185lbs
5’11” 190lbs
6’0” 200lbs
6’1” 210lbs
6’2” 220lbs
6’3” 230lbs
6’4” 240lbs
6’5” 250lbs

Thanks for the posts guys, gl im 5'10 and 187 right now so im the right weight just need more and more muscle thanks alot for this wise post gl

PCT 11-12-2010 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 92558)
Here are the staples I recommend:

Chest - Bench Press, Dumbbell Bench, Dips, Inclines
Shoulders - Barbell Press, Dumbbell Press
Back - Deadlifts, Pull Ups, Barbell Rows, Dumbbell Rows

^^ this

with squats rounding it all out... i increased my bodtweight by simply doing heavy assed squats once a week... makes everything grow...

One thing I would like to point out that i wish i would have realized alot sooner is that most of the top bodybuilders had some for of powerlifting in there history...

i wanna tell guise at my gym just starting out that those isolation movements arnt going to get them to were they wanna be.... but i will only say this if they ask... because nobody wants to listen to a "know-it-all" lol

BendtheBar 11-12-2010 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCT (Post 92655)
i wanna tell guise at my gym just starting out that those isolation movements arnt going to get them to were they wanna be.... but i will only say this if they ask... because nobody wants to listen to a "know-it-all" lol

^ This is my gospel brother. Preach it.

Simple. Compound. Progression.

PCT 11-12-2010 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 92659)
^ This is my gospel brother. Preach it.

Simple. Compound. Progression.

I wasted alot of time no doing this


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.