Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
schutzashley
Brawn
Points: 1,132, Level: 18 Points: 1,132, Level: 18 Points: 1,132, Level: 18
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

schutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributorschutzashley is a dedicated contributor
Default Gain Muscle and Lose Fat...Beating a Plateau!

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as far as diet? Here's a quick briefing. I have lost 41 pounds total in 2 years (in January of 2011 it will be). I am at 20% body fat, I did one figure competition in July and got down to 18%, and did no carbs for 3 weeks. 2 weeks later, I found out I was going to be working on a photo shoot and did no carbs again for 4 more weeks nad got back down to my lowest weight and bf%. So it's been about 2 months since the photo shoot and I am 10 pounds heavier, which I figured would happen, BUT, I am super sensitive to carbs. I really dont have any dairy in my diet except when I do a cheat meal or day sometimes.
I drink unsweetened almond milk

I eat super clean except on cheat day and I still can't get my belly to push past the plateau. I think I need ot count calories, but I'm trying to gain upper body mass and cna't limit my calories to do that. Someone suggested carb cycling. Or if on my lifting days, I did more carbs that day around my lifting and in morning and then on my JUSt cardio days (2 days of the week), then limit calories and carbs to lower and just do carbs in morning. I know the general bodybuilding competition preparation diet, is that what I need to do to get my body to a new set poitn? or should I do the carb cycling? I've never donet he carb cycling, it's always seemed very meticulous, but I'm sure that's what I need to do at this point since hwat I'm doing now is not working for me. I will say that my body seems to LOVE to be at this weight and I can eliminate cheat meals (but I haveto live too)...but at the same time I tell myself, well, if this is what I really want (to get ripped adn do fitness modeling) then eliminating cheat meals is what it takes, but then I hear people saying you dont want to eliminate cheat meal of the week because it resets your metabolism. there is so much out there, when someone helped me out with a diet before, it was perfect, I just followed it but that was for the no carbs due to lack of time to prepare for the last minute figure competition that was local. thank you for anyone's help. I'd really appreciate your advice. basically, I've been overweight before but hold my body fat in mostly ab region and lower back it seems too, whenI eat more than normal amount of carbs, I swell up quickly and can put on water weight like no other.....thanks everyone. My goal is to do fitness modeling and help others but I have to be the finished product I want to be. and my body has a rough time moving on from thsi current body stat. thanks

schutzashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links