Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #21
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
maybe if you try a wider grip you would not burn out your tri's as much benching. this is the only reason i can think of that your tri's would get that fatigued from it. i put my ring fingers on the notches in the knurling if you know what i mean.

just trying to feel that out right now in a chair just outside the shoulders feels way to narrow to me since i do close grip so my thumbs are just on the sides of the chest.
Good point. after i bench my tri's still are not burnt maybe ur putting extra pressure on them andy
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #22
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

he's saying later on shoulder day do the tri work. but you're gonna have to find what works for you. that paticular set up would not work for me. my triceps have wicked endurance and require a good beat down to get worked so i do them as a secondary to chest because they have already been worked some in that workout which then requires me to do less secondary tri exercises to get my pump in them.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
maybe if you try a wider grip you would not burn out your tri's as much benching. this is the only reason i can think of that your tri's would get that fatigued from it. i put my ring fingers on the notches in the knurling if you know what i mean.

just trying to feel that out right now in a chair just outside the shoulders feels way to narrow to me since i do close grip so my thumbs are just on the sides of the chest.
I put my hands a thumb length apart from the smooth part in the middle of the bar. I'll try that tomorrow.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #24
andys_trim
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
he's saying later on shoulder day do the tri work. but you're gonna have to find what works for you. that paticular set up would not work for me. my triceps have wicked endurance and require a good beat down to get worked so i do them as a secondary to chest because they have already been worked some in that workout which then requires me to do less secondary tri exercises to get my pump in them.
That makes sense. I think I will do skull crusher and a few high rep movements on chest day and the beat the hell out of them with CGBP and 2 Arm Seated Overhead Dumbbell extension on shoulder day. I'll try that out for a while and see how it goes.

What do you think about strength gains during cutting?

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #25
jslep
Max Brawn

jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

gains will be hard to come by during a cut but are not impossible to make. don't be discouraged if you are only able to maintain your current strength that would still be a good accomplishment.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #26
andys_trim
Max Brawn

I'm thinking about calling the cut off. I want strength gains. I don't have a show to prepare for, the holidays will only make it harder, and the only reason I was doing it was for vanity.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #27
jslep
Max Brawn

THEN FOR GOD SAKES DON'T DO IT!!!

at your age you shouldn't be worried about a cut unless you were entered in a show.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:11 PM   #28
jslep
Max Brawn

what is your diet like now?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #29
andys_trim
Max Brawn

The only reason I'd cut is to look good for the beach brotha

Old 11-07-2010, 08:17 PM   #30
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

One other suggestion and this is how I like to split things when I do.

You could do chest and biceps and then do back and triceps and still keep your shoulders on their separate day. This is pretty much how I have always done it, I like to work opposing muscle groups like a push and a pull.

Just an idea.