Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Training/Diet advice for ignorant begginers (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4619)

unsashamed4Jesus 11-06-2010 10:43 AM

Training/Diet advice for ignorant begginers

:mad:My friend thinks he can get ripped and huge at the same. It's time for winter bulking, anyway. I tell him he cant get bigger and ripped at he same time, that he needs to stick to heavy-ass compound lifts and forget the isolation lifts for mass, to drink whole milk and eat whole eggs (he's scared of cholesterol in eggs and the TASTE in whole milk), to stop doing the routines of pro bodybuilders, and not to believe every "mass building" routine in the mags, one of which he's on. He listens to cousin "Blake", his training partner. He thinks those male fitness models look "huge". Although I'm only 16, I'm much more developed than him and anyone else at school. He's still so stuborn to listen. I tell him to do deadlifts... he doesn't go "as heavy" (he told me he really didn't go heavy). He trains at a pathetic college gym where "Blake" and the college girls train at, instead of our campas gym, where we rock 130-pound dummbells, broken mirrors, loud music, and no distracting women. He really needs to nut up. Got any advice for me to tell him?

BendtheBar 11-06-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsashamed4Jesus (Post 91556)
:mad:My friend thinks he can get ripped and huge at the same. It's time for winter bulking, anyway. I tell him he cant get bigger and ripped at he same time, that he needs to stick to heavy-ass compound lifts and forget the isolation lifts for mass, to drink whole milk and eat whole eggs (he's scared of cholesterol in eggs and the TASTE in whole milk), to stop doing the routines of pro bodybuilders, and not to believe every "mass building" routine in the mags, one of which he's on. He listens to cousin "Blake", his training partner. He thinks those male fitness models look "huge". Although I'm only 16, I'm much more developed than him and anyone else at school. He's still so stuborn to listen. I tell him to do deadlifts... he doesn't go "as heavy" (he told me he really didn't go heavy). He trains at a pathetic college gym where "Blake" and the college girls train at, instead of our campas gym, where we rock 130-pound dummbells, broken mirrors, loud music, and no distracting women. He really needs to nut up. Got any advice for me to tell him?

Welcome to the forum.

One thing I've learned is that it's hard to change others with words. My best advice is for you to do the right thing, train hard, grow like a weed, and then he will start listening more. The bigger and stronger you get, the more he will ask questions. If not, he really doesn't have goals that will amount to anything.

In the mean time, get him hooked on progression of weight. Show him quotes or whatever by pros, or videos of Ronnie Coleman moving heavy. Weight. At least if he's moving heavy weight, he might come around, or make gains despite his program.

Rich Knapp 11-06-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 91559)
Welcome to the forum.

One thing I've learned is that it's hard to change others with words. My best advice is for you to do the right thing, train hard, grow like a weed, and then he will start listening more. The bigger and stronger you get, the more he will ask questions. If not, he really doesn't have goals that will amount to anything.

In the mean time, get him hooked on progression of weight. Show him quotes or whatever by pros, or videos of Ronnie Coleman moving heavy. Weight. At least if he's moving heavy weight, he might come around, or make gains despite his program.

I agree with BTB. You can talk till your blue in the face, or you can do whats right and show him. Then he will lisson. Untill then he sounds like one of the people sucked in by HYPE and Sales talk and won't lisson.

As for you keep the sound mind and grow. :rockon:

Bodybygamma 11-08-2010 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unsashamed4Jesus (Post 91556)

He can get ripped and huge at the same time. Its called the Spaghetti and Dbols for Breakfast and Wini V and Ephedrine for Dinner. LMFAO I am just kidding around but that the only way some one is going to achieve that goal.