Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Team Ohio Diet Thread (Show Prep) (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4455)

BendtheBar 10-13-2010 06:56 PM

Team Ohio Diet Thread (Show Prep)

I thought since being shredded is such a huge part of competing, we could use a thread to discuss pre-contest dieting, our approaches, and help each other out.

I'm not asking anyone to share their trainer's secrets, just to help each other whenever possible.

Maybe Ripped, Jslep, Rich, Big55, etc. can share some of their experiences and successes/mistakes if they are up for it...

Rich Knapp 10-13-2010 07:12 PM

Nice topic Steve.

My body reacts very well with finding my LBM and find my macro's off that.
I don't do cheat day's in stead I do re-feeds. Cheats mess with my insolent levels to much and I can't get as ripped.

BigFiveFive 10-13-2010 07:18 PM

Ive also found what Rich is saying to be excellent for cutting, find that LBM # and go from there.

rippednmichigan 10-13-2010 07:22 PM

Rich is correct, I cheated before instead of refeeding. I got skinny but you could tell I still was holding some fat in the mid section. Eat smart.

This is a great topic and I think a lot of it is individual. BUT some things that work for others may work for you.

Rich Knapp 10-13-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 86608)

This is a great topic and I think a lot of it is individual. BUT some things that work for others may work for you.

Yep everyones body reacts different. Some basics and such may help others out.
This could be a sweet thread also for as we get closer and get the bb diet mood swings. lol

maybe "and show prep" should be added to the title.

rippednmichigan 10-13-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 86609)

maybe "and show prep" should be added to the title.

DONE

Rich Knapp 10-13-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 86608)
Rich is correct, I cheated before instead of refeeding. I got skinny but you could tell I still was holding some fat in the mid section. Eat smart.

I agree here. Got ripped but nothing like how I get diced now. Always looked like I was holding some water.

Rich Knapp 10-13-2010 07:40 PM

On my re-feeds if I drop my carbs 10 that week I also drop my re-feed carbs the same amount. Any changes are across the board and slow. My fats and Proteins macros stay the same every day. Only my carbs change.
I increase cardio, it is slow and over time. I don't make any big changes so the body don't shock and rebel. Shock is the easiest way to keep fat on. Body goes into survival mode.

dmaipa 10-14-2010 12:21 AM

This is going to be a much needed thread for me. I need help on the whole precontest thing

jslep 10-14-2010 05:43 AM

show prep was a nice addition here cause diet is a big part of getting ready but it can be all erased by bad decisions and unpreparedness. do not think you can nail down your posing in the last couple weeks. start early and start often. no matter how much you practice posing you will not be prepared for that first time on stage. mainly speaking of the front relaxed. you will be asked to hold this pose for what seems like an eternity. so practice, practice, practice. another thing that may seem trivial but is very important is your tan and what your skin looks like on stage. if you are not having a pro put on your tan and your glaze make sure you know what your skin will look like with it on so you don't look like a fool on stage. you are judged on this it is part of appearence along with if you look cleanly shaven or not. my last bit of advice for now(i'm sure i'll have more later) is too get your legs up for as long as possible back stage. get the blood out of them so they really pop when you get out there. i have some of the skinniest little chicken sticks that BB has ever seen but made a good presentation at the show by making sure i got them up and ready for hitting the stage.