Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #41
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default cont.

I was working out 5 days per week, and basically doing some sort of direct leg work daily! I was still getting stronger. This was also the case with the gymnastic stuff. You work daily, but NEVER go to failure.

Your were training both your muscles, and your CNS to do more work. I was ready for the weekends and the two days off, but was not fried. By Monday I was ready to hit it again. I was sleeping better, and had the energy I had been missing, because of my work schedule. I had gotten back to the point that I needed my aftenoon workout. It got rid of my stress from work, and I was having fun again doing something I had always loved doing.

This is a real busy time of year at work, so I'm going to a 3X week full body, based on Reg Parks old routines. Basic heavy work with about 5 compounds per workout. Some of the moves will change each workout, but I'm aiming to hit as much as possible with 3 one hour sessions a week.

I was thinking today of starting a log. I usually write down everything anyway as I do it, so I can keep track of what I've done. I'm fried after work, and if I don't write it down, I will forget. I was so mentally drained one day after work, I forget my own phone number.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #42
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Quote:
I was so mentally drained one day after work, I forget my own phone number.
First of all wow, you must have a crazy job.

I am finding your views on training very interesting and I may have to do an experiment with olympic lifting style. I liked the program that you had previously posted. Right now I am training like a powerlifter and I really like it, but I am not saying I would not ever try an oly routine.

Thank you for the wealth of information and I look forward to reading more in the future!
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #43
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The Oly lifting is so technical. I really love that about it. One of the hardest things is the flexability in the down position. Well, being down in the snatch position with the bar overhead is pretty freaking hard as well.

First time I tried an overhead squat, well, it was not good. I considered setting up a table in front of Wally world, and selling Girl Scout cookies. I could only do 40lbs the first time I tried it. I can do 100lbs now, and it's hard.

I work as an Airline Dispatcher. It is the Airlines mission control center. Some days are good, and some days are real bad!!
Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM   #44
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I think the overhead squat is one of the all time best exercises. There are so many Olympic style lifts I wish I could play with...overhead squats, and push presses. Someday I might have room to do those.

Have you ever thought of doing Doug Hepburn's old routine?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #45
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Doing gymnastics as the years go by.

Just got this from Chris Sommer over at Gymnastic bodies. 70yr old Gymnast.

GymnasticBodies.com • View topic - Amazing Videos of a 70 yr old German Gymnast