Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Forearm Growth - Direct or Indirect? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4296)

BendtheBar 09-20-2010 08:43 AM

Forearm Growth - Direct or Indirect?

Do you directly work your forearms?

Do you believe forearm work is required for forearm growth?

BendtheBar 09-20-2010 08:44 AM

I have never worked my forearms directly, and they grow. I'm sure there are some of you who have stubborn forearms. I would be curious to hear your thoughts...

BigFiveFive 09-20-2010 10:12 AM

I throw it in there when I can. Not gunna say I have a day or "workouts" for my forearms, but i perform alot of reverse curls when working biceps so that helps. Plus im the strength and conditioning coach for the baseball team here at college, so I have those guys doing forearm work for hand speed.

dmaipa 09-20-2010 10:40 AM

same with BIG..i do hammer curls and reverse curls which get my forearms going..don't really do any wrist curls or anything

Jude 09-20-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 82761)
I have never worked my forearms directly, and they grow. I'm sure there are some of you who have stubborn forearms. I would be curious to hear your thoughts...

I throw in grip training to assist my deadlift. Wrist roller, Captains of Crush, when I am at home and wrist curls when I am at commercial gym. Just 1 set.

TitanCT 09-20-2010 11:05 AM

closest i get is hammer curls.

even though i use straps almost my entire back routine, my forearms still feel like i directly beat them to hell when im done.

ricka182 09-20-2010 12:56 PM

I never really have.. I used to use this rolling weight on a rope thingy, but never really got into too much. I do plan on using a gripper of some sort a few nights a week, but won't incorporate a full movement into my routine anytime soon.

muscle_g 09-23-2010 02:25 PM

I work my forearms, but they stay the same size wether I work them or not.

big_swede 09-23-2010 02:39 PM

Im not obsessed about growing massive forearms, deadlifting, chins and curls give them a beating though. Only use straps on rows and shrugs. No direct work, just seems like a waste of time...

Dynasty 09-23-2010 04:09 PM

I'd like bigger forearms but I don't know can you increase them with direct work, I do know grip will increase but Im not sure it 'grows' forearms. I have tried Wrist extensions and curls never noticed them bigger, (don't do them anymore) but if they are gaining size it must be from everything else I'm doing. When I reach my 16inch guns (my goal) I don't want to have tiny forearms though.... Meh they better grow with the arms :) There's a good 3 inch difference from forearm to upper currently.