Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:50 PM   #11
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I have never worked my forearms directly, and they grow. I'm sure there are some of you who have stubborn forearms. I would be curious to hear your thoughts...
I focus on grip work, transitions into forearm development pretty seamlessly...Rarely focus on direct attention, but avoid straps unless going over 500lb on a pull or shrug.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
closest i get is hammer curls.

even though i use straps almost my entire back routine, my forearms still feel like i directly beat them to hell when im done.
Why do you use straps the entire routine?
Old 09-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #12
Francisco
Uber Brawn
Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61 Points: 8,331, Level: 61
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Francisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributorFrancisco is a dedicated contributor

My two cents on this

1. Forearm size is directly related with upper arms size...so if you really want to have bigger arms you sould be training your forearms.

2. Some people have big forearms naturally and thats because of your bone structure and muscle attachments.

3. From the competition stand point...the bigger your forearms the smaller your arms will look while posing (front 2 bis for example) so it is good to create a balance...sometimes having smaller forearms is an advantage because creates the ilusion of bigger arms.

4. Its true that forearms gets a lot of indirect work from other exercises but just as bis and tris if you want develop them to the max you need some direct work.

take care guys
Francisco is offline   Reply With Quote