Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #11
BigPhilly
New Brawn
Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1 Points: 74, Level: 1
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

BigPhilly is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanCT View Post
honestly, if you're new to the gym. Bulk, eat clean and bulk. chances are if you clean up your diet and starting doing correct water intake, you'll burn off some fat while you do jsut because your a "newb".
I'm not a newb to lifting i'm starting out again....i've been in and out of the gym for awhile but now i want to stick with it and make it a lifestyle. I know for a fact that i need to get my diet in order that's my number 1 focus.
BigPhilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #12
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPhilly View Post
I'm not a newb to lifting i'm starting out again....i've been in and out of the gym for awhile but now i want to stick with it and make it a lifestyle. I know for a fact that i need to get my diet in order that's my number 1 focus.
if you havent done it seriously for a prolonged period you can stil lget the same effects. even a seasoned lifter can run a recomp. jsut gotta bu super strict with your meals and watch your changes with your eyes, not the scale. im doing it right now actually. im leaner but up in weight.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:19 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm not the world's biggest cutting diet expert. I like to advise 30 to 40 grams of protein every 2.5 to 3 hours. And eat about 20 to 30% of your calories from fat.

Depending on how much fat you want to lose, you may or may not want to explore carb cycling. I do know several bodybuilders who cycle between low, moderate and high carb days and it seems to work well.

I would probably start at around 2400 cals per day and make adjustments up or down based on how fast or slow the weight is coming off.

Any idea about how many pounds of fat you would like to lose?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 PM   #14
BigPhilly
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm not the world's biggest cutting diet expert. I like to advise 30 to 40 grams of protein every 2.5 to 3 hours. And eat about 20 to 30% of your calories from fat.

Depending on how much fat you want to lose, you may or may not want to explore carb cycling. I do know several bodybuilders who cycle between low, moderate and high carb days and it seems to work well.

I would probably start at around 2400 cals per day and make adjustments up or down based on how fast or slow the weight is coming off.

Any idea about how many pounds of fat you would like to lose?
BTB carb cycling is not a bad ideal....i'm at work reading about how to implement the diet. Just wanted to run this article by or anyone to see if this would be a good approach to carb cycling. Thanks man

Article- Carbohydrate Cycling for Cuts | Skip's Fitness Emporium - (Version 5.0)
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 AM   #15
Alex30
Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1 Points: 52, Level: 1
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Alex30 is off to a bad start

Quote:
Ever since i had my son i've been in and out of the gym but now i truely want to get serious to be a example my children can live by.

What type of diet should is use to drop body fat?
I'm in the same boat with you! 3 kids later, I'm going back into it. For me, carb cycling works really well.
Alex30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
BTB carb cycling is not a bad ideal....i'm at work reading about how to implement the diet. Just wanted to run this article by or anyone to see if this would be a good approach to carb cycling. Thanks man

Article- Carbohydrate Cycling for Cuts | Skip's Fitness Emporium - (Version 5.0)
Sorry I missed this response. His approach looks solid. Here is a more simplified article that might help as well:

Your Go-To Guide For Cutting Fat While Keeping Muscle | Muscle & Strength

The author, Brad Borland, is actually coaching one of the members of this forum (Rippednmichigan).

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #17
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

I am only going to comment because I was in the same boat as you. Starting out I had no idea if I should cut or bulk or what. But then I quickly came to the realization that being small and looking good on the beach did not matter to me, and more important than looking good was the ability to lift massive heavy objects, it was then that I found Powerlifting/ strongman. No bulking, no cutting, no exact calorie counting, EAT, LIFT.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #18
BigPhilly
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sorry I missed this response. His approach looks solid. Here is a more simplified article that might help as well:

Your Go-To Guide For Cutting Fat While Keeping Muscle | Muscle & Strength

The author, Brad Borland, is actually coaching one of the members of this forum (Rippednmichigan).
Thanks for the article really helpful man.....how long should i carb cycle for tho be4 the negative effects kick in....I'm sorry about the stupid questions.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
BigPhilly
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
I am only going to comment because I was in the same boat as you. Starting out I had no idea if I should cut or bulk or what. But then I quickly came to the realization that being small and looking good on the beach did not matter to me, and more important than looking good was the ability to lift massive heavy objects, it was then that I found Powerlifting/ strongman. No bulking, no cutting, no exact calorie counting, EAT, LIFT.
I totally agree but i want to do my first show tho....but maybe in the future....i can be like a Johnny Jackson hahahahha.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Train harder.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote