Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-11-2010, 12:57 PM   #11
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerho View Post
Well, we think differently then. But it is not a surprise because you are swede and Im a finn...
Hyvaa Paiva!

Personally two days of arms is a little much when i only see one movement for quads(squat) and one movement for delts (militarypress) But nothing beats trying it out and seeing how you like it.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Last edited by onetiredkris; 05-11-2010 at 01:00 PM.
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

if it's based on percentages, then you will be fine, as long as you work with your true percentages. as far as the assistive exercises, you could decrease the total number of sets until your muscles have adapted to that volume
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #13
Lerho
Brawn
Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31

Lerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good posts

Thanks to everyone for answers. The "arms" day would include Close-grip chins, Barbell curls, Pullover, Triceps Pull downs, Close-grip bench. Support exercises are Side bends, Shrughs, Calf Raises, Leg press, Lateral Raises.

Well, I have to think about this and maybe do some kind of "happy medium" training routine by training Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. Just want to get a balanced program that helps me build strength in big lifts and to gain a fair bit of muscle at the same time.
Lerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:56 AM   #14
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
How you define "some experience"?
i would say that if you had a year in that would be long enuff to consider yourself having experience in the gym. as long as you have worked with the big three and have got good form with all of them then a power program of bench deads and squats seems reasonable.

for you its seems like you should just keep it simple and do a three day a week with.........

day 1
bench
over head presses
dips

day 2
squats
abs

day 3
deads
rows
chins

don't over think it and keep it simple and effective.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:30 AM   #15
Lerho
Brawn

Lerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jslep View Post
i would say that if you had a year in that would be long enuff to consider yourself having experience in the gym. as long as you have worked with the big three and have got good form with all of them then a power program of bench deads and squats seems reasonable.

for you its seems like you should just keep it simple and do a three day a week with.........

day 1
bench
over head presses
dips

day 2
squats
abs

day 3
deads
rows
chins

don't over think it and keep it simple and effective.
Nice advices, thank you. I like about that simple and effective! My problem is that I cnat get every sunday in the gym so I have to sometimes train a day 3 at home and there I cant do bench, deads or squat.

But using that principle would something like this work out well?

Tuesday:
Bench
Dips
Rows
Barbell curls

Friday:
Squat
Deadlift
Leg press

Sunday:
Chins
Overhead presses
Abs
Pullover
Old 05-12-2010, 06:42 AM   #16
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Air Hockey Average Champion! Football Frenzy Champion! Yahtzee! Champion!
Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

i dont see where you would have any issues with that set up... looks fine to me

personally i like to do deads, squats and leg presses all on the same day...
Old 05-12-2010, 07:55 AM   #17
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Nice advices, thank you. I like about that simple and effective! My problem is that I cnat get every sunday in the gym so I have to sometimes train a day 3 at home and there I cant do bench, deads or squat.

But using that principle would something like this work out well?

Tuesday:
Bench
Dips
Rows
Barbell curls

Friday:
Squat
Deadlift
Leg press

Sunday:
Chins
Overhead presses
Abs
Pullover
This looks good. I think that would be an effective routine.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #18
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

2D Knock-Out Champion! Lost for Words - Football Teams Champion!
Training Exp: 15 years
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

very solid. i like it.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:25 AM   #19
Lerho
Brawn

So now I know the program, which I will do from August. Now I have two weeks left in my August 2009-May 2010 training "season". Next week I try to break my PRs. Then its two months training at home until I hit the gym again in August.

My main objective in the summer is to build stamina and lost some weight. I thought that I will do a 2 months keto-diet, add good amount of cardio and concentrate on couple of exercises to build up my stamina. I have planned to do it like this:

Tuesday:
Chins 5x5-10
Overhead press 5x5-10
Dumbbell bench 5x10-20
Pullover 5x10-15

Thursday:
Front Squat 5x10-20
Lunges 5x10(per leg)
Ab work

Saturday:
Chins 5x5-10
Overhead press 5x5-10
Dumbbell bench 5x10-20
Pullover 5x10-15

Sunday:
Front Squat 5x10-20
Lunges 5x10(per leg)
Ab work

Addition to that I will cycle 15km/day Mo-Fri (going to work), play tennis in Wednesday and jog 6-10km after Sunday workout.

Is this a sound plan? Or do someone have some suggestions how to make it better?
Old 05-19-2010, 02:02 AM   #20
Lerho
Brawn

Too difficult question? Anyone? I dont have a much experience at training while eating below maintenance-calories. So it would be nice to have a good set up right away.