Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 05-09-2010, 07:54 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Best Routine for a Beginner?

What's the best routine for a beginner for size and stength?

This is, of course, after they have spent a month (or so) learning the exercises, and are ready to enter the world of hardcore progression.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Something like this:

Day 1: BP and Inc BP, OH or BTN presses, DB or calbe flyes, frenchpress and rope pushdowns
Day 2: Deadlifts, Squats and GM's, Pullups or pulldowns depending on strength and weight, BB curls and DB curls.
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Rest - cardio, abwork?

and after 6-12 month, if progress looks good

Day 1: Deadlifts, pullups or machine pulldowns depending on strenth and weight, cable rows or BB rows. Standing BB curls and seated DB curls.
Day 2: Benchpress, inc benchpress, DB flies or pullovers. CGBP or frenchpress, rope pushdowns. Ab-exercise
Day 3: Rest
Day 4: Squats and GM's, 2 sets of legcurls and extensions, calveraises
Day 5: OH presses or BTN presses, upright rows, shrugs, Ab-exercise
Day 6 and 7: Rest

Last edited by big_swede; 05-09-2010 at 08:41 AM.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #3
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

GRIMS TWEAK ON STARTING STRENGTH is IMO the best

this program started me off to crazy progress that anyone can make. if you just add weight each workout, you should be able to keep going up for a while

Quote:
Originally Posted by grim83 View Post
I see to many beginners come on here posting these routines that are just utter crap, and they refuse to do rippetoes because "How can i get big arms without spending all day doing curls". You know it I know it, that statement is utter bull****. but someone has to make a compromise, and id rather help the hardheaded noobs to build a better body by giving them their cake, but the catch is they're only getting a small piece. so anyways enough ranting, here the new beginner program that could help quite a bit for dealing with those hard headed beginners.

- use an aba bab schedule
- when you can hit all the reps on all the sets then increase the weights by 5ibs
- if you are a true beginner who has never lifted before or has not lifted in a long long time, then do just 2 workouts during your first week, and find your working weights, make sure after the first set with the weight that you are using for the working sets that you could have done 2-3 more reps
- form is very important
- nutrition is the most important part, so make sure you are eating for your goal

A
Squat- 3x5
Bench press- 3x5
BB row- 3x5
BB curl- 2x8

B
Deadlift- 3x5
Military Press- 3x5
Chin-ups- 3x6-8
Bench Dips (or triceps dips)- 2x8
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 05-09-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
GRIMS TWEAK ON STARTING STRENGTH is IMO the best

this program started me off to crazy progress that anyone can make. if you just add weight each workout, you should be able to keep going up for a while
i agree on this, looks interesting.btw guys sorry for not postin my friday workout i have had a hectic few days i have time now and will do it
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote