Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-28-2010, 07:38 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Poliquin Tips Some Sacred Cows

Poliquin Tips Some Sacred Cows

Blog - Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

1. Be delusional about being fast-twitch, despite the facts that your forearms can clean a pipe, have the calf development of a parrot, and I can barely slip a credit card under your feet when you do a vertical jump.

2. Do the plank as your primary core exercice.

3. Do three total body workouts a week. Stay away from split routines, you will gain size and mass on them.

4. Fear training more than once a day.

5. Eat carbs & casein while you train.

6. Stop lifting the bar as soon as it decelerates.

7. Worry about getting enough carbs in your diet.

8. Assume that every strong athlete who trains more than once a day is a steroid freak.

9. Piss and moan that good supplements are expensive.

10. Read everything on strength training but keep debating successful strength coaches on why you keep following the given above nine steps.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

hmmm. Some good facts in there any reason why you bolded 3 and 4?

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies with in us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Good stuff there btb!
Old 04-29-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
hmmm. Some good facts in there any reason why you bolded 3 and 4?
#3 - Full body workouts were the bread and butter prior to the steroad era. They still make good sense for most naturals. Poliquin kind of took the big dump on them, voiding their usage in general. I hate to see anyone dump on any tactic like that without backing it up with some logic. I've seen Casey Butt's logic from the full body side. So when I see an argument from the other side, I just want it to be more then an opinion. I;m sure he has a reason he said what he did - I just want to know it.

#4 - I found this to be interesting. I know some of the Eastern Bloc bodybuilders train twice a day - "morning is for strength, evening for the pump." But I don't see this applicable for average natural Joe.

Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 AM   #5
Dianna Bol
New Brawn
Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dianna Bol is new to the forumDianna Bol is new to the forum

Blanket statements help no one. I don't care who makes the claim. We all deserve more information then that. Any big name could simply wake up one day and say squats are bad and people would listen.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #6
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Poliquin forgot one thing - a rank beginner can't train like a Olympic gold medal winning lifter and get away with it. Nobody has.

We are forgetting something too - Optimal training for excelling in strength sports is different from optimal training for the average gym enthusiast, because he can't spend his entire time training, eating and recovering like the Eastern Bloc lifters.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #7
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Poliquin Tips Some Sacred Cows

Blog - Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

1. Be delusional about being fast-twitch, despite the facts that your forearms can clean a pipe, have the calf development of a parrot, and I can barely slip a credit card under your feet when you do a vertical jump.

2. Do the plank as your primary core exercice.

3. Do three total body workouts a week. Stay away from split routines, you will gain size and mass on them.

4. Fear training more than once a day.

5. Eat carbs & casein while you train.

6. Stop lifting the bar as soon as it decelerates.

7. Worry about getting enough carbs in your diet.

8. Assume that every strong athlete who trains more than once a day is a steroid freak.

9. Piss and moan that good supplements are expensive.

10. Read everything on strength training but keep debating successful strength coaches on why you keep following the given above nine steps.

I don't have much time today, but I just want to offer this.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:11 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Poliquin forgot one thing - a rank beginner can't train like a Olympic gold medal winning lifter and get away with it. Nobody has.

We are forgetting something too - Optimal training for excelling in strength sports is different from optimal training for the average gym enthusiast, because he can't spend his entire time training, eating and recovering like the Eastern Bloc lifters.
And that's a huge point. Personally, 99% of us aren't training for a sport. We're recreational lifters. I work at home and could train twice a day if I wanted to. Honestly, I've considered it. But with me being close to my max potential, I just don't see much value in doing so. There may be possible strength benefits. But still, I need my recovery time.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
Violent Volume
Brawn
Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33 Points: 2,991, Level: 33

Violent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good postsViolent Volume has made some very good posts

Whats going on with the comment he made about carbs? He a paleo?
Violent Volume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #10
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna Bol View Post
Blanket statements help no one. I don't care who makes the claim. We all deserve more information then that. Any big name could simply wake up one day and say squats are bad and people would listen.
There is a "athletic training" guru from Canada, who said just that. Mike Boyle, I believe. Gotta make a name for yourself somehow I suppose.