Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Poliquin Tips Some Sacred Cows (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3075)

BendtheBar 04-28-2010 07:38 PM

Poliquin Tips Some Sacred Cows

Blog - Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

1. Be delusional about being fast-twitch, despite the facts that your forearms can clean a pipe, have the calf development of a parrot, and I can barely slip a credit card under your feet when you do a vertical jump.

2. Do the plank as your primary core exercice.

3. Do three total body workouts a week. Stay away from split routines, you will gain size and mass on them.

4. Fear training more than once a day.

5. Eat carbs & casein while you train.

6. Stop lifting the bar as soon as it decelerates.

7. Worry about getting enough carbs in your diet.

8. Assume that every strong athlete who trains more than once a day is a steroid freak.

9. Piss and moan that good supplements are expensive.

10. Read everything on strength training but keep debating successful strength coaches on why you keep following the given above nine steps.

CallmeKing 04-28-2010 09:13 PM

hmmm. Some good facts in there any reason why you bolded 3 and 4?

jwood 04-28-2010 09:16 PM

Good stuff there btb!

BendtheBar 04-29-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CallmeKing (Post 52055)
hmmm. Some good facts in there any reason why you bolded 3 and 4?

#3 - Full body workouts were the bread and butter prior to the steroad era. They still make good sense for most naturals. Poliquin kind of took the big dump on them, voiding their usage in general. I hate to see anyone dump on any tactic like that without backing it up with some logic. I've seen Casey Butt's logic from the full body side. So when I see an argument from the other side, I just want it to be more then an opinion. I;m sure he has a reason he said what he did - I just want to know it.

#4 - I found this to be interesting. I know some of the Eastern Bloc bodybuilders train twice a day - "morning is for strength, evening for the pump." But I don't see this applicable for average natural Joe.

Dianna Bol 04-29-2010 09:34 AM

Blanket statements help no one. I don't care who makes the claim. We all deserve more information then that. Any big name could simply wake up one day and say squats are bad and people would listen.

kitarpyar 04-29-2010 10:02 AM

Poliquin forgot one thing - a rank beginner can't train like a Olympic gold medal winning lifter and get away with it. Nobody has.

We are forgetting something too - Optimal training for excelling in strength sports is different from optimal training for the average gym enthusiast, because he can't spend his entire time training, eating and recovering like the Eastern Bloc lifters.

glwanabe 04-29-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 52015)

Blog - Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

Ten sure fire steps to stay a fat skinny whining twirp

1. Be delusional about being fast-twitch, despite the facts that your forearms can clean a pipe, have the calf development of a parrot, and I can barely slip a credit card under your feet when you do a vertical jump.

2. Do the plank as your primary core exercice.

3. Do three total body workouts a week. Stay away from split routines, you will gain size and mass on them.

4. Fear training more than once a day.

5. Eat carbs & casein while you train.

6. Stop lifting the bar as soon as it decelerates.

7. Worry about getting enough carbs in your diet.

8. Assume that every strong athlete who trains more than once a day is a steroid freak.

9. Piss and moan that good supplements are expensive.

10. Read everything on strength training but keep debating successful strength coaches on why you keep following the given above nine steps.

I don't have much time today, but I just want to offer this.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...a-facepalm.jpg

BendtheBar 04-29-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitarpyar (Post 52158)
Poliquin forgot one thing - a rank beginner can't train like a Olympic gold medal winning lifter and get away with it. Nobody has.

We are forgetting something too - Optimal training for excelling in strength sports is different from optimal training for the average gym enthusiast, because he can't spend his entire time training, eating and recovering like the Eastern Bloc lifters.

And that's a huge point. Personally, 99% of us aren't training for a sport. We're recreational lifters. I work at home and could train twice a day if I wanted to. Honestly, I've considered it. But with me being close to my max potential, I just don't see much value in doing so. There may be possible strength benefits. But still, I need my recovery time.

Violent Volume 04-29-2010 11:49 AM

Whats going on with the comment he made about carbs? He a paleo?

ehubbard 04-29-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianna Bol (Post 52155)
Blanket statements help no one. I don't care who makes the claim. We all deserve more information then that. Any big name could simply wake up one day and say squats are bad and people would listen.

There is a "athletic training" guru from Canada, who said just that. Mike Boyle, I believe. Gotta make a name for yourself somehow I suppose.