Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #1
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor
Default Need some input on what people think

BB Presses are just starting to hurt my left shoulder cuff, My trainer is not seeing any progression in the Flat BB Press as he was seeing with me doing Push ups of various nature, My Leaning Forward dips are starting to kick a large amount of ass and we are slapping weight on them to blast the chest. He has me set up to do the following for my chest work out, My pec dec shot up to a large amount of weight as well but the pressing just ****s my shoulder and my flyes have gone up as well.

1) Push Up Of Various kinds - 10 sets ( Declines, Olympic Rings, Medicine Balls, and Weighted Olympic rings both standard and Decline)

2) Forward Leaning Dips on the dip bars - Body weight to weighted - 10 sets

3) Flyes of any kind - Cable, DB or Pec Dec

My trainer is not a size trainer and I wish I would have had more money to get a better one. Is it possible to still gain chest size and power by going this new route? and not hurting my shoulders?

Next, if you read my new update my DB Curls went up to 50 DB's wtf? I was only able to curl 35's and now I am doing 50's again? Last time I was able to do 50's I was on tren and I am not on anything..was this a fluke or is this a sign of Biceps getting strong?

Any input anyone can give mean's a lot

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #2
Grip-N-Rip
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

The way some muscle groups grown are mainly due to genetics.

If you dont mind me asking, how much are you spending for you trainer? I bet I have some guys I could refer you that may be cheaper.
Old 03-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

I am spending for the month far to much, well for my blood anyways..I spend close to 20.00 dollars a hour but he is also a fight trainer as well and trains me in my stand up game, I have a totally different trainer for Ground fighting but it just seems like I go nowhere fast with benching but I get a lot of power from the above work out's I mentioned, Esp my Forward dips are getting strong..

Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 AM   #4
Grip-N-Rip
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

I have a friend of mine who is working some a couple top MMA guys right now. If your interested send me a pm. However, he does training/diet but not ground work or fighting.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:50 AM   #5
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Max try transitioning to DB presses, BB bench hurts my shuolders also but i have no issue with DBs as i can move them so where it doesnt screw with my shoulder... do you know what im talking about?

also look at how you are BB benching, if your elbows are out at 90 degrees that could be part of the problem.. they need to be pointed in som elike close to 45 degrees.

hope this helps out...

NT
Old 03-30-2010, 06:26 AM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I would try DB presses. Dips are good as well.

Max...tell us about your arm position during the press. Are your elbows close to your side, or flared out? And where does the bar land...above the nipple, well above the nipple, below the nipple?

I'm worried that your pressing with your arms flared instead of keeping them closer to your torso.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-30-2010 at 06:35 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #7
MMA Max
Max Brawn

I think I am pressing the way you are suggesting. Flared out but on DB I am fine though and I never get shoulder problems.

Old 03-30-2010, 11:07 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
I think I am pressing the way you are suggesting. Flared out but on DB I am fine though and I never get shoulder problems.
Flared arms can definitely contribute to shoulder issues. Try benching with your arms at 45 degrees. Check this video out, it should help:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...s.html#post525

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Max, if your going with the flared position it can really screw with the shoulders, that was my problem for a while, and i could never get over 150ibs without screwing my shoulder, once i moved to a pl style my shoulders got a lot better except for when i get stupid
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #10
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Ya, I am soooo not benching the right way..My press is above the nipple not below like that video shows..My arms are locked out and 90degrees the whole way down. should I lay off the bench for awhile and when I come back put light weight on and use correct form?