Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-18-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Jaded

I remember when I was younger. I didn't look at bodybuilding through the lens of natural or AAS. I didn't look at it through scientific studies, or seven million training approaches. I just enjoyed the men that lifted the iron, enjoyed reading about it, and enjoyed the time spent with my passion.

Right now I'm a bit more jaded then I want to be. I spend more time analyzing and criticizing and less time enjoying.

I really want to get back my passion for the sport this year. I owe it to myself, and to those around me. I'm going to simply focus on man, iron and effort.

I've been over-thinking my training too much since I met the mistress powerlifting. But as I stated in my training log, it's time for me to hit the reset button and just do. I hope I can continue to see this through in 2010.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #2
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

Just Do it!!!!!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:27 PM   #3
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I like it. It fits my mentality of it all. Having the knowlege is important, but letting it take over to the point where you over analyze every aspect is not good.

We should all spend more time thinking about this, and just adding plates.

glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #4
CallmeKing
Max Brawn
Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38 Points: 3,800, Level: 38
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

CallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributorCallmeKing is a dedicated contributor

I always looked at it in a simple way. I like to get to the gym and lift and do it how I like to do it. I never followed a set routine like SS or Bill Star's 5x5 just my own simple routine and diet.
CallmeKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 PM   #5
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I agree guys, just train! This is what drew me to chaos and pain, it has a very basic template of squat, push, pull, but essentially you can do anything you want as long as you are going balls to the wall. Sometimes I don't have a plan until I get into the gym, but I know it is going to be hard as hell!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #6
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

this is definitely one of the major flaws of bb.com, people go on there and here the same crap thrown around about different types of hypertrophy and how much TUT induces each kind for how many reps and exactly when to eat their meals and how much of everything to eat. my head hurts just from typing that, the basics are where it's at K.I.S.S.

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

Sounds great brother, lets get the plates stacking!
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:54 AM   #8
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Talk and think less, lift more.

I like it!

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:19 AM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I agree guys, just train! This is what drew me to chaos and pain, it has a very basic template of squat, push, pull, but essentially you can do anything you want as long as you are going balls to the wall.
This is what I like to do...just ram the iron. And it's the zone I need to be in. Last year I ran basically the same routine all year, enjoyed it and stayed injury free. This year I'm thinking too much...and it's becoming like an anchor.

Because of the nature of my job, I'm constantly looking at different training approaches...and they start eating at your brain. I start formulating mass integration of said approaches, or am forced to consider my approach.

And this is wrong. I know it's wrong. I'm a simple linear progression type of guy. Always have been, always will be. That's what I was last year, and I thrived. Time to get back to it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Lift it B*tch! <---not meant for anyone specific....just anyone that works out with me.

Hit it Steve!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote