Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:31 PM   #11
Lerho
Brawn
Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31 Points: 2,733, Level: 31
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Lerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Keep listening to your body. John Christy advocates training only 2 days a week. Anything is possible with hard work and a good diet.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/pow...on-thread.html
Thank you, that was a great read!! Last september I bought a book written by Stuart McRobert called "Beyond Brawn". I thought that the book was and is a great book and I have tried to train based of thoughts from that book. That John Christy-text seemed very much of a same kind of philosophy! I will continue to do my two times a week training with "mass" exercises and keep on eating enough protein and surplus calories.
Lerho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerho View Post
Thank you, that was a great read!! Last september I bought a book written by Stuart McRobert called "Beyond Brawn". I thought that the book was and is a great book and I have tried to train based of thoughts from that book. That John Christy-text seemed very much of a same kind of philosophy! I will continue to do my two times a week training with "mass" exercises and keep on eating enough protein and surplus calories.
I have Beyond Brawn as well.

It's always wise to listen to your body and to start simple. You can always get more complex if things aren't working.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:44 AM   #13
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

Good advice here only thing i would say is do light recovery work on your extra home day, stretching, foam rolling, some rotators cuff movements etc...

For any one who doesn't know Kilo to pound conversion just multiply the kilo amount times 2.2 for its result in lbs.

Routine looks very solid!
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 02:09 AM   #14
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post
Good advice here only thing i would say is do light recovery work on your extra home day, stretching, foam rolling, some rotators cuff movements etc...

For any one who doesn't know Kilo to pound conversion just multiply the kilo amount times 2.2 for its result in lbs.

It's actually 2.204!
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #15
Lerho
Brawn

Lerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good postsLerho has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodybygamma View Post

Thanks. I have two stretching days, wednesday and saturday. It seems to work well this way.

Yesterday I tried my current 1-rep maxes. Progression so far:

19.5.2009:
Bench, 75kg
Standing military press, 52.5kg
Squat, 70kg
Deadlift, 105kg

6.11.2009:
Bench, 97.5kg
Standing military press, 62.5kg
Squat, 90kg
Deadlift, 135kg

19.3.2010:
Bench, 110kg
Standing military press, 72.5kg
Squat, 110kg
Deadlift, 160kg

In squat, which is very difficult exercise for me, I only count squats where my upper thigh goes to parallel at the bottom. Im quite happy about progression so far.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerho View Post
In squat, which is very difficult exercise for me, I only count squats where my upper thigh goes to parallel at the bottom. Im quite happy about progression so far.
That's a great improvement in under a year. About 10 pounds a month on big lifts. Awesome job. You'll be over 400 pounds on squat and deadlift in no time at all.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:02 AM   #17
Lerho
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's a great improvement in under a year. About 10 pounds a month on big lifts. Awesome job. You'll be over 400 pounds on squat and deadlift in no time at all.
Deadlift seems MUCH easier than squat for me but I think that now I have got my squatting technique good enough so I can really concentrate on progressing weight-wise. Yes, Im really happy how things have gone so far. First time I was at gym 21.4.2009 and in the summer there was a July without training. It seems that two times a week concentrating only in "big" exercises works for me although some of my friends go there 5 times a week to pump their biceps and wonder why Im not doing the same...

400 pound in a squat would be fantastic but it takes quite a lot of time still... Deadlift is not very far though.