Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-03-2010, 01:29 PM   #21
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

The Rocker TV Toss Champion!
Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeKing View Post
I agree with most of this post but now kids that want to compete seriously in sports have to start weight lifting younger. Most contact sports (football, wrestling, hockey, etc.) will have their freshman lifting with the team and if you're not lifting you're not going to be able to compete with them.
I know what you're saying, I was actually offered a job as a strength and conditioning coach for the JV football team at my towns high school, but passed when I learned a few freshmen were on the roster. Too young.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Well I guess, to a certain degree. But think of it this way...whether or not they choose to sponsor younger athletes or not, it does not stop the kids from buying supplements.

I started weight training before I was 16, and I know a lot of other people did so as well. I think it can be perfectly healthy at a younger age so long as you know what you're doing, and you do your research. Playing things safe, not just throwing around weight aimlessly and injuring yourself.

Maybe it would be one thing for pump supplements, energy supplements, or fat burners (pH/HD cycles completely out of the question), but if it's supplements that are natural and have been shown to be beneficial to people even at younger ages (whey, fish oils, BCAA's, creatine, etc.) I don't see why not.

Again, just curiosities, always nice to see other POV's.
Exactly, just my POV...
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2010, 04:49 PM   #22
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

DOC, what are your reasons for saying weight training shouldnt start until 16 and everything else you said?
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)