Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Training Two Times Per Day

Any of you every try training twice in a day?

Back in '86, I followed Gaspari's workout (I think it was Gaspari) and tried twice a day training. I lasted about a week.

I was also wondering if you know of any bodybuilders past or present that have drained multiple times a day? Was it during periods of cutting? And was the lifter natural?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-01-2010 at 09:51 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2010, 10:10 AM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Steve, every now and then since learning of the Victor Costas style training, I do my normal routine @ lunch and then I'll go home at the end of the day and do some really light-moderate weight slow rep sets on key exercises (bench, lat pull-downs, etc)
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Steve, every now and then since learning of the Victor Costas style training, I do my normal routine @ lunch and then I'll go home at the end of the day and do some really light-moderate weight slow rep sets on key exercises (bench, lat pull-downs, etc)
Didn't know that Rick. Are you doing work related to what you had training that day, or is it unrelated?

I do a lot of reading about training, pre-1970, and occasionally I see a lifter who did multiple sessions per day.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #4
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Yup, now I do anyway. I refuse to do my cardio after my weights, so I get up a little earlier, do it in the morning, and do weights in the evening. NEVER empty-stomach cardio, though.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Yup, now I do anyway. I refuse to do my cardio after my weights, so I get up a little earlier, do it in the morning, and do weights in the evening. NEVER empty-stomach cardio, though.
If I did cardio, it wouldn't be with weights.

Key word...if.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 AM   #6
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Didn't know that Rick. Are you doing work related to what you had training that day, or is it unrelated?

I do a lot of reading about training, pre-1970, and occasionally I see a lifter who did multiple sessions per day.
I do the same bodypart Steve. IMO, I'm just putting a final shredding on the target muscles. And I notice it the next couple days too!!! Even despite the Xtend. Without the Xtend, I might not even be able to function
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM   #7
folkprophet
Brawn
Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13 Points: 657, Level: 13
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

folkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality postsfolkprophet has made some quality posts

I run in the morning on an empty stomach (sort of. I drink Xtend.) and lift on my lunch hour. Every day. I don't have time for lifting and cardio on my lunch hour. I don't necessarilly do it this way for effect...I don't know if I buy into the effectiveness factor of it...I do it for time and convienience. We have a treadmill at home...so jumping out of bed, throwing on a movie and running for a half-hour or so ain't no biggie. And my gym is close to where I work, so lifting at lunch works great.
folkprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:32 AM   #8
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

As for weight lifting twice a day I do not do it, but I do cardio in the morning and lift in the afternnon. I would think if you did train twice a day it would be some thing like every other day like upper in the am and lower in the pm or some thing similar.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
bwys61
Austin Simply Fit #1
Max Brawn
Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64 Points: 9,189, Level: 64
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 15+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
bwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machinebwys61 is a lifting machine

it can work to lift twice a day, but not for long, and make sure there are no cross-over muscles that can be overtrained
bwys61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:54 AM   #10
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
it can work to lift twice a day, but not for long, and make sure there are no cross-over muscles that can be overtrained
I don't know many people who effectively lift 2x per day without overtraining.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote