Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Training Two Times Per Day (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2203)

BendtheBar 03-01-2010 09:47 AM

Training Two Times Per Day

Any of you every try training twice in a day?

Back in '86, I followed Gaspari's workout (I think it was Gaspari) and tried twice a day training. I lasted about a week.

I was also wondering if you know of any bodybuilders past or present that have drained multiple times a day? Was it during periods of cutting? And was the lifter natural?

RickB 03-01-2010 10:10 AM

Steve, every now and then since learning of the Victor Costas style training, I do my normal routine @ lunch and then I'll go home at the end of the day and do some really light-moderate weight slow rep sets on key exercises (bench, lat pull-downs, etc)

BendtheBar 03-01-2010 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 33127)
Steve, every now and then since learning of the Victor Costas style training, I do my normal routine @ lunch and then I'll go home at the end of the day and do some really light-moderate weight slow rep sets on key exercises (bench, lat pull-downs, etc)

Didn't know that Rick. Are you doing work related to what you had training that day, or is it unrelated?

I do a lot of reading about training, pre-1970, and occasionally I see a lifter who did multiple sessions per day.

sneezingstardust 03-01-2010 10:44 AM

Yup, now I do anyway. I refuse to do my cardio after my weights, so I get up a little earlier, do it in the morning, and do weights in the evening. NEVER empty-stomach cardio, though.

BendtheBar 03-01-2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 33132)
Yup, now I do anyway. I refuse to do my cardio after my weights, so I get up a little earlier, do it in the morning, and do weights in the evening. NEVER empty-stomach cardio, though.

If I did cardio, it wouldn't be with weights.

Key word...if.

RickB 03-01-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 33129)
Didn't know that Rick. Are you doing work related to what you had training that day, or is it unrelated?

I do a lot of reading about training, pre-1970, and occasionally I see a lifter who did multiple sessions per day.

I do the same bodypart Steve. IMO, I'm just putting a final shredding on the target muscles. And I notice it the next couple days too!!! Even despite the Xtend. Without the Xtend, I might not even be able to function ;)

folkprophet 03-01-2010 11:16 AM

I run in the morning on an empty stomach (sort of. I drink Xtend.) and lift on my lunch hour. Every day. I don't have time for lifting and cardio on my lunch hour. I don't necessarilly do it this way for effect...I don't know if I buy into the effectiveness factor of it...I do it for time and convienience. We have a treadmill at home...so jumping out of bed, throwing on a movie and running for a half-hour or so ain't no biggie. And my gym is close to where I work, so lifting at lunch works great.

rippednmichigan 03-01-2010 11:32 AM

As for weight lifting twice a day I do not do it, but I do cardio in the morning and lift in the afternnon. I would think if you did train twice a day it would be some thing like every other day like upper in the am and lower in the pm or some thing similar.

bwys61 03-01-2010 12:29 PM

it can work to lift twice a day, but not for long, and make sure there are no cross-over muscles that can be overtrained

sneezingstardust 03-04-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwys61 (Post 33160)
it can work to lift twice a day, but not for long, and make sure there are no cross-over muscles that can be overtrained

I don't know many people who effectively lift 2x per day without overtraining.