Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
I don't know many people who effectively lift 2x per day without overtraining.
I know natural bodybuilder Sean Sullivan has done it on occasion, but he uses short workouts, generally no more than 30 minutes a pop.

But as a permanent approach, I'm not sure of it's effectiveness. I know some Olympia weight lifters trainer heavy and often, but I;m not sure if they are clean.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #12
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

I personally like the 2x a day approach, because it does allow me to squeeze out a few extra pounds on the bar or more reps. i mean i may do one lift like say deadlift in the morning then come back a few hours later to bust out some bench presses and rows. More often than not though i just do it all at once and only break it up if there is a time constraint, like i just finished one lift but i have to go do something, then i will come back and finish up
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #13
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Any of you every try training twice in a day?

Back in '86, I followed Gaspari's workout (I think it was Gaspari) and tried twice a day training. I lasted about a week.

I was also wondering if you know of any bodybuilders past or present that have drained multiple times a day? Was it during periods of cutting? And was the lifter natural?
I tried it for a month and liked it. But impractical for most of us to get in the gym so many times. I was using Hatfield's routine at that point of time. Ate a lot of food to go with the high volume, that was absolutely necessary.

Workout sessions depending on the day would last 30 min to 60 minutes
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:12 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
I tried it for a month and liked it. But impractical for most of us to get in the gym so many times. I was using Hatfield's routine at that point of time. Ate a lot of food to go with the high volume, that was absolutely necessary.

Workout sessions depending on the day would last 30 min to 60 minutes
I ran into several naturals this week who are using Hatfield's approach, though
rarely twice a day.

Variable Split Training | Muscle & Strength

Old 03-04-2010, 12:29 PM   #15
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I ran into several naturals this week who are using Hatfield's approach, though
rarely twice a day.

Variable Split Training | Muscle & Strength
Only reason I used 2x day approach was to have relatively shorter session. I rarely perform well if sessions go beyond 50-60 minutes, and not splitting up would have me lifting close to 2 hrs on a number of days.

Thanks for the link. Off to read it.
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 12:32 PM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
Only reason I used 2x day approach was to have relatively shorter session. I rarely perform well if sessions go beyond 50-60 minutes, and not splitting up would have me lifting close to 2 hrs on a number of days.

Thanks for the link. Off to read it.
Be careful! He's very persuasive. Made me want to try it.

Old 03-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #17
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

If I trained two time a day with MMA training And Weights + Cave Man, I would turn into a pile of Goo and slime away into a deep dark hole..

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #18
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

I do a 1/2/1/2/1, In the morning on my 2 day, I keep my workouts light-heavy usually no more than my body weight and only work out for 30-45mins. And every day in the afternoon I SFW.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #19
onetiredkris
Max Brawn
Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32 Points: 2,770, Level: 32

onetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributoronetiredkris is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post
I do a 1/2/1/2/1, In the morning on my 2 day, I keep my workouts light-heavy usually no more than my body weight and only work out for 30-45mins. And every day in the afternoon I SFW.
Thats kind of how I operate. Morning sessions I will high rep the key exercise of whatever muscle group I did 3 days before, then either abs,calves, or forearm/grip training. All followed up by some cardio.
Then 6pm rolls around and the 45's quiver at my arrival.

But actual lifting twice a day, even at medium volume, would not be optimal for the non-PH/AAS using lifter.

-OTK's LOG-
We lift weights and manipulate our diets so that we'll look good naked. Sure, it's healthy too, and we'll probably live a longer and more productive life than the average guy, but mostly it's about the naked thing.

Last edited by onetiredkris; 03-04-2010 at 07:30 PM.
onetiredkris is offline   Reply With Quote