Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Gonna Switch it up..Need some Advice (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2198)

MMA Max 02-27-2010 10:32 PM

Gonna Switch it up..Need some Advice

As most of you know, I am training right now for a upcoming fight and alot of my work outs are typical of fight training but I do use Standard Body building template to gain my size. However, Currently I am working

Sunday-Chest/Biceps/Forearms
Tuesday-Leg/Calves/Abs
Thursday- Shoulders/Traps/Triceps
Friday- BAck/Abs/Cave Man Training

Fight Training Falls on Monday and Wednesday

I was thinking of maybe going to this split starting tomorrow BUT I was thinking of Canning Bicep training and letting my pull up, Rows, Deads and those types work them out..Any suggestions? I don't seem to be getting much growth out of them Curling

Suggested Split

Sunday- Chest/Triceps ( IS IT OK TO CLOSE GRIP PRESS AFTER YOU HEAVY BENCH PRESS?)
Tuesday- Legs/Calves/Abs
Thursday-Shoulders/Traps
Friday-Back/Abs

However- If anyone suggest I still train Biceps, Then I was thinking Back/Biceps/Abs

Any help is much thanks!

moore_716 02-28-2010 09:18 AM

well, here are a few things I have done. I jump all over the place as to what exercises I like. If I'm hurt or stalling out I will change things up immediately. I only do the body parts on there specific days though.

I know my splits are different than yours of course.

I do chest/tri's one day (I do close grip bench after heavy bench myself too)

I do back/bi's

traps/shoulders

legs

I hit the gym 5 days a week and have 4 workouts. I have no specific day to do any of the workouts. It all depends on what I see when I walk into the gym. If all the benches are taken I will start on my back/bi's. That type of thing. I will say that imo bi's and tri's can be doe 2x per week. On my off day I will throw in some kight supersets with bi's and tri's. high reps lighter weights. I try not and do traps on the workout b4 legs if possible. I've found that just supporting the heavy bb taxes my legs for there dedicated workout. I also no that i am prone to porking up over the weekend so I try and not do back on Monday (pull-ups are harder witht that extra weight)
For me the optimal week would be\
chest/tris on Monday. Legs on Tuesaday, Back/bi's on Wed, Traps/shoulders Thurday, and then on Friday mainly cardio but I will do my bi's/tri's superset thing on Friday also. Sometimes I will fill in with some of the things I had to cut out though due to time constraints during the week.

I think it's important to realize that you don't have to do the same exercises each time you hit that body part. yes, if you are trying to judge gains it's important, but for growth I don't think so. Just my .02

BendtheBar 02-28-2010 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max1973 (Post 32722)
Sunday- Chest/Triceps ( IS IT OK TO CLOSE GRIP PRESS AFTER YOU HEAVY BENCH PRESS?)

However- If anyone suggest I still train Biceps, Then I was thinking Back/Biceps/Abs

Any help is much thanks!

I do CGBP after bench. I like to use them to destroy my triceps. I think bench and CGBP work great as a tag-team partner.

Biceps, well I don't do many sets. If you get a ton of bicep soreness from curls, I would do them with back. If not, you could throw them in on chest day.

folkprophet 02-28-2010 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max1973 (Post 32722)
Suggested Split

Tuesday- Legs/Calves/Abs
Thursday-Shoulders/Traps
Friday-Back/Abs

Any help is much thanks!

This is similar to my split expect I do Abs with shoulders/traps and then back and biceps together.

I would treat bicep training as relative to back the same as triceps are to chest. Destroy them after a heavy back workout. That's just me.