Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-24-2010, 03:33 PM   #31
denis
New Brawn
Points: 2,408, Level: 29 Points: 2,408, Level: 29 Points: 2,408, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

denis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributor

I have been doing starting strength for the last three weels but with dips replacing bench press and barbell hack squats replacing squats since I have no stands and bench press since I'm working out at home(well its not starting strength anymore).I've been eating as much protein as I can and everything as been clean calories(well I think so) since I don't need to eat junk food so far to gain weight.

My lifts at the moment are 247.5pounds deadlift and hack squat for 5 reps.88pounds press by 5 reps.dips bodyweight+25pounds for 5.power clean is 110 pounds by 3.The lifts aren't great but I'm constantly progressing so I put the weight gain down to that.I'm starting to struggle now though on adding weight since I'm limited to going up in 5 pounds excepts for dips where I can go up 2.5.

Last edited by denis; 02-24-2010 at 03:35 PM. Reason: spelling
denis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 08:26 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis View Post
I have been doing starting strength for the last three weels but with dips replacing bench press and barbell hack squats replacing squats since I have no stands and bench press since I'm working out at home(well its not starting strength anymore).I've been eating as much protein as I can and everything as been clean calories(well I think so) since I don't need to eat junk food so far to gain weight.

My lifts at the moment are 247.5pounds deadlift and hack squat for 5 reps.88pounds press by 5 reps.dips bodyweight+25pounds for 5.power clean is 110 pounds by 3.The lifts aren't great but I'm constantly progressing so I put the weight gain down to that.I'm starting to struggle now though on adding weight since I'm limited to going up in 5 pounds excepts for dips where I can go up 2.5.
Again, great progress. Maybe it's time to try a slightly more advanced fullbody. Were you planning on making any changes soon, or still going to try SS for a while?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #33
denis
New Brawn
Points: 2,408, Level: 29 Points: 2,408, Level: 29 Points: 2,408, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

denis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributordenis is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Again, great progress. Maybe it's time to try a slightly more advanced fullbody. Were you planning on making any changes soon, or still going to try SS for a while?
I'm going change the exercise order slightly and add chinups.

A
Hack squat 3x5
dip 3x5
power clean 5x3

B
Deadlift 3x5
press 3x5
chin up 3x5

I think that should get me another two weeks or three weeks, I have no grip strength for deadlifts after the hack squats.I think I'll then change to Bill Starr 5x5.I think it would be the best choice with my limited exercise choice.What do you think?Thanks for the help so far.
denis is offline   Reply With Quote