Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Small/Ignored Bodyparts

We all know that standard cookie cutter bodybuilding workouts hit every possible muscle group. But most trainees don't hit every muscle group. Which groups don't you hit, and why?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2009, 10:05 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'll start...

Calves...My calves are already genetically the size of rhino legs, so I don't train them.

Abs...I hate ab work, always have, always will.

Obliques....I did once train obliques with side bends and broom handle twisters, but no longer. Also, I fear the thick waist.

Forearms...Personally, I think average sized forearms make the triceps/biceps look larger then they are. Plus, I hate forearm work. I figure deadlifts and bicep work do enough for the forearms.

Lower back...I don't do anything necessarily aimed at the lower back. I do hit it with deadlifts, etc, but no hyperextensions for me. My lower back has always been strong and I don't want to overtrain it.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #3
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

I stopped doing abs because I think I have an abdominal hernia that I will have looked sometime later. My main fear is not being able to work out for a while.
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
DavideC
Points: 887, Level: 15 Points: 887, Level: 15 Points: 887, Level: 15
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

DavideC is off to a bad start

I train since 2003.
First year was devoted to get in shape (i was really overweight) than i focused on strenght training.
In that period i really don't care of proportions or other BBesc stuff:
traps,calves, forearms, abs aren't directly trained.

In the last year i switch to a more BBesc style of training.. so i started to be devoted to a more complete training style:
i have added direct abs work. I also train my forearms (once every 2weeks, cause i still use heavy compound lift and my forearms are quite good) and calves work (every week during leg sessions.)

I also added direct traps training when i don't do DL.

By now i try to train every body parts. Styll my triceps need more size....(a lot more size).

--
BLOG: http://www.dc-workout.com
Old 07-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Good to see you again Davide.

I forgot completely about traps. My traps get plenty sore from Yates Rows and Deadlifts, so I don't hit them at all.

It's funny though, when I train more for strength, I do heavy ab work and power shrugs. But, I also put aside bicep work and direct tricep work. (I stick to closegrip benches)

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #6
meagain
Brawn
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17

meagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributormeagain is a dedicated contributor

I ignore my forearms, traps and calves.

Forearms I feel get enough work with upper body training, plus I am a chick so who cares. Same with traps.

Calves, well I should train them, but I keep flopping and "planning to fix that" I have been "planning" to fix that for 10 years now
meagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

The more I do Yates Rows, the more I become an addict. They hit my back, traps and rear delts like no other exercise.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #8
BRaWNy
Pain Master
Max Brawn
Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39 Points: 3,850, Level: 39

Training Exp: ~23 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Back Squat
Fav Supp: Fish-oils
BRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributorBRaWNy is a dedicated contributor

I don't train any more my calves and my forearms, for something like the same reasons with MaB, especially for calves.
That does not mean there is not a possibility to train them again in the future.

But Traps, I hit them directly too (except for the work they receive from Deadlifts, Rows etc, with shrug variations too), because for me it's a bodypart with a major role, not a small muscle at all, and it's my favorite bodypart.
(my favorite does not mean necessary my best)
BRaWNy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #9
DavideC
Points: 887, Level: 15 Points: 887, Level: 15 Points: 887, Level: 15

DavideC is off to a bad start

Jun 11, 2009, 10:45am, Muscle and Brawn wrote:
Good to see you again Davide.

Happy to be here

Quote:

I forgot completely about traps. My traps get plenty sore from Yates Rows and Deadlifts, so I don't hit them at all.

i truly love Yates Rows ;D

Quote:

It's funny though, when I train more for strength, I do heavy ab work and power shrugs. But, I also put aside bicep work and direct tricep work. (I stick to closegrip benches)

Me too. In pure strenght training a strong core is a must...