Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default My Interview With Tommy Jeffers

Interview With Hardcore Natural Bodybuilder Tommy Jeffers

Interview With Hardcore Natural Bodybuilder Tommy Jeffers | Muscle & Strength

Quote:
What is important to understand is that the basics have always, and will always continue to work just as good, if not better, than any complex, sophisticated training plan out there. In fact, if you read these crap magazines long enough, you will eventually run into a good article about every few months that is called "Back to the Basics" and the article is full of great info on how to simplify your training and get good results.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
RickB
Max Brawn
Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32 Points: 2,802, Level: 32
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

The guy looks great!
RickB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
The guy looks great!
The interview is really kick ass. One of my favorites. A lot of good training talk.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Good interview steve, that guy is on his way to a very successful career. Awesome stuff
Old 02-11-2010, 08:07 PM   #5
RickB
Max Brawn

RickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good startRickB is off to a good start

I like this guy even better. I often say people overthink this stuff

Quote:
I read books, I surrounded myself around people smarter than me, etc. Eventually I started sifting through the BS and putting little things together that have made a big difference. You know what most of my changes all have in common whether I am talking about dieting or training? Simplicity. It's usually when we overcomplicate things that we get in our own way and stall our own progress. So since my first prep, things have been made MUCH simpler. The changes and adjustments that I make are MUCH smaller. In fact, my peak week usually baffles people LOL. But, what I have found is that the less drastic, the better. Small and slow changes over a long period of time is really the way to go. I could write an entire book about why, so I will just leave it at that LOL.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #6
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I like this guy even better. I often say people overthink this stuff
I know it's sometimes easy for me to get drawn into over-thinking things. Each day I'm surrounded with articles obsessed with PCF ratios, and nutrient timing.

My book is this. Eat big, train big, rest big. The end.

This book has always worked for me. I think each of us has to find what works for us.

I like what Tommy has to say about hardgainers - and he's right. They're never eating as much as they think. Give me a hardgainer for 3 months and I know I could change some habits.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #7
strkout35
Max Brawn
Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66 Points: 10,027, Level: 66
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

strkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machinestrkout35 is a lifting machine

i enjoy hearing more about peoples training philosophies and the basics of their workouts more than anything else and that interview was choc' full of it. great read

_________Goals:__
Squat:______275
Deadlift:_____315
Bench:______185
Press:_______135

"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe"
strkout35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
RickB
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I know it's sometimes easy for me to get drawn into over-thinking things. Each day I'm surrounded with articles obsessed with PCF ratios, and nutrient timing.

My book is this. Eat big, train big, rest big. The end.

This book has always worked for me. I think each of us has to find what works for us.

I like what Tommy has to say about hardgainers - and he's right. They're never eating as much as they think. Give me a hardgainer for 3 months and I know I could change some habits.
Yes, eating to go this direction imo is easy. Going the other direction is not.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Yes, eating to go this direction imo is easy. Going the other direction is not.
I agree. And no way in heck I would want to be one of these guys that starts overweight and needs to add muscle and cut.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
Grip-N-Rip
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

I am fortunate enough to be a "hardgainer" but still notice I need to keep increasing macros occasionally. I am glad I am working with someone so they can make the right changes for me.