Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   My Interview With Tommy Jeffers (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2014)

BendtheBar 02-11-2010 07:36 PM

My Interview With Tommy Jeffers
 
Interview With Hardcore Natural Bodybuilder Tommy Jeffers

Interview With Hardcore Natural Bodybuilder Tommy Jeffers | Muscle & Strength

Quote:

What is important to understand is that the basics have always, and will always continue to work just as good, if not better, than any complex, sophisticated training plan out there. In fact, if you read these crap magazines long enough, you will eventually run into a good article about every few months that is called "Back to the Basics" and the article is full of great info on how to simplify your training and get good results.
http://www.muscleandstrength.com/sit...-scivation.jpg

RickB 02-11-2010 07:50 PM

The guy looks great!

BendtheBar 02-11-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 27605)
The guy looks great!

The interview is really kick ass. One of my favorites. A lot of good training talk.

jwood 02-11-2010 07:56 PM

Good interview steve, that guy is on his way to a very successful career. Awesome stuff

RickB 02-11-2010 08:07 PM

I like this guy even better. I often say people overthink this stuff :D

Quote:

I read books, I surrounded myself around people smarter than me, etc. Eventually I started sifting through the BS and putting little things together that have made a big difference. You know what most of my changes all have in common whether I am talking about dieting or training? Simplicity. It's usually when we overcomplicate things that we get in our own way and stall our own progress. So since my first prep, things have been made MUCH simpler. The changes and adjustments that I make are MUCH smaller. In fact, my peak week usually baffles people LOL. But, what I have found is that the less drastic, the better. Small and slow changes over a long period of time is really the way to go. I could write an entire book about why, so I will just leave it at that LOL.

BendtheBar 02-11-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 27618)
I like this guy even better. I often say people overthink this stuff :D

I know it's sometimes easy for me to get drawn into over-thinking things. Each day I'm surrounded with articles obsessed with PCF ratios, and nutrient timing.

My book is this. Eat big, train big, rest big. The end.

This book has always worked for me. I think each of us has to find what works for us.

I like what Tommy has to say about hardgainers - and he's right. They're never eating as much as they think. Give me a hardgainer for 3 months and I know I could change some habits.

strkout35 02-11-2010 08:15 PM

i enjoy hearing more about peoples training philosophies and the basics of their workouts more than anything else and that interview was choc' full of it. great read

RickB 02-11-2010 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 27620)
I know it's sometimes easy for me to get drawn into over-thinking things. Each day I'm surrounded with articles obsessed with PCF ratios, and nutrient timing.

My book is this. Eat big, train big, rest big. The end.

This book has always worked for me. I think each of us has to find what works for us.

I like what Tommy has to say about hardgainers - and he's right. They're never eating as much as they think. Give me a hardgainer for 3 months and I know I could change some habits.

Yes, eating to go this direction imo is easy. Going the other direction is not.

BendtheBar 02-11-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickB (Post 27623)
Yes, eating to go this direction imo is easy. Going the other direction is not.

I agree. And no way in heck I would want to be one of these guys that starts overweight and needs to add muscle and cut.

Grip-N-Rip 02-11-2010 10:13 PM

I am fortunate enough to be a "hardgainer" but still notice I need to keep increasing macros occasionally. I am glad I am working with someone so they can make the right changes for me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.