Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
MattB
Senior Member
Brawn
Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19 Points: 1,230, Level: 19
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
 
MattB's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 191
Reputation: 10663
MattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributorMattB is a dedicated contributor
Default

Great interview BTB!
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2010, 05:49 AM   #12
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
 
LtL's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Reading, Berkshire, UK
Posts: 12,014
Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
Reputation: 455740
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!
Default

What he says about forming habits is golden. It's not hard to do what we do; calculating calories and macro's is not astrophysics or algorhythm manipulation, anyone can do it. The hard bit is being motivated and disciplined enough to make it part of your routine so you no longer have to think about doing it.

Great work Steve

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,816
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grip-N-Rip View Post
I am fortunate enough to be a "hardgainer" but still notice I need to keep increasing macros occasionally. I am glad I am working with someone so they can make the right changes for me.
GNR...you're working with that guy from that website...correct? (I sound like my kids)

And btw, you might be a hardgainer but you're a hard worker and a smart worker and your physique is the envy of other hardgainers. keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
Great interview BTB!
Thanks Matt. I wished I had time for another 10 questions for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
What he says about forming habits is golden. It's not hard to do what we do; calculating calories and macro's is not astrophysics or algorhythm manipulation, anyone can do it. The hard bit is being motivated and disciplined enough to make it part of your routine so you no longer have to think about doing it.

Great work Steve

LtL
Exactly. That was a great quote. I have said it before and I will say it again...I don't need to see the routines of the guys I know will succeed. I can just tell by their dedication.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."


BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 AM   #14
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
 
rippednmichigan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,002
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
Reputation: 76411
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast
Default

Def a great interview BTB! the guy is stacked in all aspects.
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash
__________________
Social Media Manager/ Board Rep
Be sure to "LIKE" us on Facebook!!

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com


"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:49 AM   #15
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,267
Reputation: 148251
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

I love this interview.

This guy gets it, and knows that it is not rocket science, or voodoo magic.
Keep it simple, don't overthink it, but more importantly, keep hitting it.

Steve I've noticed that you tend to ask the same question of everyobdy. That is, name 5 movements. I really like this question. It teeds to break things down and no matter who it is when you cut through the crap and hype you will see a pattern emerge.

I kept wanting to grab peces of the interview as quotes, but by the time I got through it, I realized you just need to read the whole thing and think hard on what is being said.

Great work, GL
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #16
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%
 
BendtheBar's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 79,816
Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
Reputation: 2583792
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I love this interview.

This guy gets it, and knows that it is not rocket science, or voodoo magic.
Keep it simple, don't overthink it, but more importantly, keep hitting it.

Steve I've noticed that you tend to ask the same question of everyobdy. That is, name 5 movements. I really like this question. It teeds to break things down and no matter who it is when you cut through the crap and hype you will see a pattern emerge.

I kept wanting to grab peces of the interview as quotes, but by the time I got through it, I realized you just need to read the whole thing and think hard on what is being said.

Great work, GL
Thanks GL. And btw, I know what you mean about quotes...the entire interview is one big quote for me.

Some of the profiles that I do use all the same questions. Those are pretty much cookie cutters.

And some interviews I really don't know the person all that well so I pull out a favorite question. I'm not the type of guy that wants to ask lifters what pets they own, and what's on their iPod. Personally, I don't really care That's hero worship stuff and I'm a training guy.

Usually I have about 7 to 10 questions so I like to keep them basic and about lifting, diet, nutrition, supplements, etc. And sometimes, you get a person that really opens up during an interview, and you can throw some good questions at him to see how they react.

But back to your point...I do have a meta-story arc, so to speak in my interviews. I know from interviewing natural bodybuilders that they almost all like simple compound movements first and foremost, and that they know there are natural limits. I like to add in my "story arc" questions to help knock down myths that exist from the steroid side of bodybuilding, if that makes sense?

Basically...I try to use every interview as an opportunity to build a story arc for natural bodybuilding...one that contrasts it to the drug-using side.
__________________
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."



Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-12-2010 at 09:05 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #17
glwanabe
Senior Member
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 

Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,267
Reputation: 148251
glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Thanks GL. And btw, I know what you mean about quotes...the entire interview is one big quote for me.

Some of the profiles that I do use all the same questions. Those are pretty much cookie cutters.

And some interviews I really don't know the person all that well so I pull out a favorite question. I'm not the type of guy that wants to ask lifters what pets they own, and what's on their iPod. Personally, I don't really care That's hero worship stuff and I'm a training guy.

Usually I have about 7 to 10 questions so I like to keep them basic and about lifting, diet, nutrition, supplements, etc. And sometimes, you get a person that really opens up during an interview, and you can throw some good questions at him to see how they react.

But back to your point...I do have a meta-story arc, so to speak in my interviews. I know from interviewing natural bodybuilders that they almost all like simple compound movements first and foremost, and that they know there are natural limits. I like to add in my "story arc" questions to help knock down myths that exist from the steroid side of bodybuilding, if that makes sense?

Basically...I try to use every interview as an opportunity to build a story arc for natural bodybuilding...one that contrasts it to the drug-using side.
I like how your doing it, for that exact reasoning.

When I read interviews like this, I think that maybe there is hope that bodybuilding as I would want it to be, is possible.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
interview, jeffers, tommy


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tommy Kono Appreciation Thread Carl1174 Appreciation Threads 11 05-08-2014 01:22 PM
If I Had My Way by Tommy Kono BendtheBar Articles 4 07-16-2011 09:58 AM
The Split Snatch with Tommy Suggs BendtheBar Video Compilations 0 05-10-2011 05:55 PM
Coaching the Clean and Jerk with Tommy Suggs BendtheBar Video Compilations 0 05-10-2011 05:49 PM
The Olympic Press with Tommy Suggs BendtheBar Video Compilations 0 05-10-2011 04:59 PM

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.