Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:45 AM   #1
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Gorilla Hormone XXX
Epinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributor
Default My New Routine

Exact sets and reps aren't important to me. There are plenty of ways to gauge progress. This is just a list of the exercises I like to do and the split I'm following now. Sometimes the exercises change, sometimes the reps change, sometimes the range of motion changes, sometimes I spend too much time looking at the girl doing bosu ball squats thinking of different balls she could squat on. It's just one of those things.

Day 1
Front Squats
Back Squats
Leg Press
Leg Extension
Calves

Day 2
Super Incline Smith Press (the bench is literally just one notch below being at a complete 90 degree angle)
Some type of shoulder press (we have this baller machine that's called a free motion cable shoulder press that I've been using)
Pec deck
Some type of lateral raise (db or machine, single or double)
Upright rows

Day 3
Weighted chins
Lat pull-downs
Some type of deadlift
Hyper extensions
Lying leg curls
Calves

Day 4
Arms. These already get a lot of work throughout the week so arm day is mostly for fun. I'll do heavy hammer curls, barbell curls, JM presses, french presses, etc. etc. etc. along with some lighter work to get the blood and nutrients flowing.

And just to note these days can be organized differently and they aren't all necessarily on consecutive days, or even every other day. I might hit heavy front squats on Thursday, arms Friday, and not deadlift until the next Wednesday. I'm working two jobs and my schedule is never as consistent as I would like, so I make due.

Sample leg day:
Front squat - build up to a single/double at 315, back down to 225 for reps
Back squats - 135 for reps, 225 for reps
Leg press - 3-4 sets for somewhere between 10-20 reps
Leg extension - 3-4 sets of 12 reps at a single weight; hold at peak contraction for a couple seconds

This completely tears your quads up. Not something a beginner should do. I've been training for almost 10 years now and this has me feeling it for days.

Rant over. Bed time.

Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-15-2016 at 01:51 AM.
Epinephrine is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2016, 08:19 PM   #2
Biggraygrizzly
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master member

It's pretty similar to the Power-Muscle-Burn 4 day program, may I ask why front squat first instead of back squats?, this routine looks pretty good, just make sure when squatting your not watching the lady doing her thing, I'm just saying!
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:24 PM   #3
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Uber Brawn

Epinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributorEpinephrine is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
It's pretty similar to the Power-Muscle-Burn 4 day program, may I ask why front squat first instead of back squats?, this routine looks pretty good, just make sure when squatting your not watching the lady doing her thing, I'm just saying!

I need to prioritize my quads because I feel that they're lacking compared to the rest of my legs. I also feel that they're harder and yield better gains because it's a lot harder to hold up 315 pounds than it is to balance it on your traps.

That was just a sample leg day. Some days all I do is front squat for 10 sets. Wasn't trying to copy that routine. These are just exercises that I feel are the tools that will help me build my idea physique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-16-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
SubZero
New Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Fav Exercise: Bench
SubZero is off to a bad start

Never had quads like I did when I was front squatting a lot. Hit those fronties hard for a good 6 -12 months and, if you're filling your face properly, you're going to be pleased with the results.
Old 09-17-2016, 07:26 PM   #5
Biggraygrizzly
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 34
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epinephrine View Post
I need to prioritize my quads because I feel that they're lacking compared to the rest of my legs. I also feel that they're harder and yield better gains because it's a lot harder to hold up 315 pounds than it is to balance it on your traps.

That was just a sample leg day. Some days all I do is front squat for 10 sets. Wasn't trying to copy that routine. These are just exercises that I feel are the tools that will help me build my idea physique.

Okay, I was just wondering, and you have to do what work best for you, and I myself may pinch off a certain bodybuilder or routine and if works I keep it , and if it doesn't no harm ,no foul just keep doing what works best for you, and beside Vince Gironda would be proud to see you doing front squats instead back squats, and hey the looking at the opposite sex and bad from time to time
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:20 AM   #6
Epinephrine
Berzerk Brawn
Uber Brawn

Default My New Routine

My training today consisted of the following:

Flat bench - built up to doubles, singles, and then a high rep set to failure

Shoulder press for 3 sets 8-15 reps

JM press 4 sets of 8

This week I'm gonna have to condense my training into two days because of work and the fact I'm going out of town for 5 days. Tomorrow or Wednesday might consist of just squats and deadlifts with some accessory stuff. Maybe some curls for the bosu ball squat girl.

Last edited by Epinephrine; 09-20-2016 at 03:26 AM.
Epinephrine is online now   Reply With Quote