Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 07-22-2016, 01:32 PM   #1
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member
Default Lat Pull Down and Low cable row machine for home gym

I am wanting to purchase a Plate Loaded Cable Machine for my home gym that I can do lat pull downs, Tricep push downs, and low cable rows on.
I am looking in the $200-$500 price range.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
OneMorePlate
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!OneMorePlate is one with Crom!

Have a body solid which works great for High and low pulls, push downs Id rate at just below good. You can find these on CL for 100-150 used. New they're about 460.
Have a plate load cable cross over I picked up cheap which is much better for push downs and other isolation work.

Last edited by OneMorePlate; 07-22-2016 at 01:52 PM.
OneMorePlate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:00 PM   #3
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

I train in a home gym also. Have you ever used bands for that type of stuff? They don't take up the room and you can use them for just about anything. I use mine for all those type of exercises. All Pull downs, pullaparts, low and high row, extensions etc. You then also have them for reverse band or normal band work.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 02:54 PM   #4
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Check this out

http://spud-inc-straps.com/Econo-Tri...ulley-SPUD111/
Old 07-22-2016, 04:17 PM   #5
JTM811
Brawn

Training Exp: Off and on 15 years
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts or Squats
JTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributorJTM811 is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Looking at the pics, it looks like something you could go to a hardware store and make. The main ingredient is the pulley, then just get some cable etc.
JTM811 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 04:50 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM811 View Post
Looking at the pics, it looks like something you could go to a hardware store and make. The main ingredient is the pulley, then just get some cable etc.
Exactly my thought.
Old 07-22-2016, 06:48 PM   #7
one-X-life
Straight Edge
New Brawn

one-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributorone-X-life is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM811 View Post
Especially if you already have a power rack you can mount the pulleys on the top and sides for low row and top for pulldowns. Hopefully you have an attachable bench then you can put something under spot arms to make that leg pad that most of the machines have to keep legs down. then you can get a pole and something that slides up and down the pole where you can load the plates so they don't swing around.
one-X-life is offline   Reply With Quote