Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:09 PM   #1
GJ1234

GJ1234 is off to a bad start
Default heavy/light

Ok,
I just started a 4 day heavy/light bodybuilding program that I found here on muscle and brawn. It says to do a heavy leg exercise followed by a light leg exercise on the same day 2x per week. So on Sunday and Thursday I do chest/shoulders/tris and on Tuesday and Friday I do back/legs/bis. But it looks like I'm using the same weight percentages on both days. So my question is:do I use the same weight for squats on Tuesday and Friday? I just want to make sure I didnt miss something, because according to the workout you do the same weight.
GJ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2016, 12:07 AM   #2
Gorship
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deads
Fav Supp: Vega All in one protein
Gorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ1234 View Post
Ok,
I just started a 4 day heavy/light bodybuilding program that I found here on muscle and brawn. It says to do a heavy leg exercise followed by a light leg exercise on the same day 2x per week. So on Sunday and Thursday I do chest/shoulders/tris and on Tuesday and Friday I do back/legs/bis. But it looks like I'm using the same weight percentages on both days. So my question is:do I use the same weight for squats on Tuesday and Friday? I just want to make sure I didnt miss something, because according to the workout you do the same weight.
can you post the link to the program so we can read it.
Philippians 1:21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Log!

www.needGod.com
Gorship is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 05:53 AM   #3
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorship View Post
can you post the link to the program so we can read it.
Sure thing: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forum/work...t-routine.html

Oh, I'm not the OP.

To be fair, opie probably couldn't, because of the newbie barrier preventing that...
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #4
Gorship
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deads
Fav Supp: Vega All in one protein
Gorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite memberGorship is an elite member

looks to me that you just do it as written, same weights, until you reach set/rep goal with good form then add weight.
Philippians 1:21: For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Log!

www.needGod.com
Gorship is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:32 PM   #5
GJ1234

GJ1234 is off to a bad start
Default thank you

Thank you Gorship! I thought that's what they meant, but wanted to make sure. I'm 46 And hopefully can train pretty hard for some years to come.
GJ1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #6
miked96
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 25
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
miked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite membermiked96 is an elite member

Welcome! You will get the most out of the site by starting a training log. Great to see how that routine works out for you.
miked96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 11:24 AM   #7
Knarf Dorsey
Rage against the Age
Brawn

Training Exp: 30 Years
Training Type: HIT
Fav Exercise: Cleans
Fav Supp: Fish Oil
Knarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributorKnarf Dorsey is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ1234 View Post
Ok,
Hey GJ - You may want to post a little more info about yourself, i.e., experience lifting, goals, etc. My concern is that the routine you're using may be too much volume considering your age (46). Just a suggestion.

It's not the weight you use, but how you use the weight.
Knarf Dorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #8
Jackedjimbean
New Brawn

Jackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributorJackedjimbean is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knarf Dorsey View Post
Hey GJ - You may want to post a little more info about yourself, i.e., experience lifting, goals, etc. My concern is that the routine you're using may be too much volume considering your age (46). Just a suggestion.
Good call let's keep you healthy and fit!
Jackedjimbean is offline   Reply With Quote