Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 04-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
mhong64

mhong64 is off to a bad start
Default New to forum, training questions

17 years old, 5'11, 162lbs, 13-15%BF, almost 1.5 years in
Shorter term goals is 165-170 10-12%BF

Bench 145 3x8
Squat 225 for 6
Deadlift 245 for 6

Want to try rep goal system and hopefully I can start lifting consistently again with good progression. Haven't been consistent since the end of summer because school started and I ran cross country, then played soccer. Now have lots of work so fullbody seems good on time.

Any tips for programs at my stage? Goals are size/strength.
mhong64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2016, 01:38 PM   #2
Sandbox
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 32
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite member

eat and rest more than you think you should.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
Shmeegs
Brawn

Training Exp: Off and on for 15 yrs
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Compounds
Fav Supp: Moo cow f@$ milk
Shmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributorShmeegs is a dedicated contributor

Eat enough
Get enough sleep
Heavy compounds as frequent as possible
As weight to ^ as frequent as possible

Enjoy the ride, this will be something you do for a long time.
Shmeegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 04:56 AM   #4
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

welcom to MAB mhong64 ...
Old 04-25-2016, 07:16 AM   #5
Nezzy
Uber Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Beef
Nezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machineNezzy is a lifting machine

Form, form, form, form, form.

Don't get three years into training and discover you need to completely reteach yourself how to squat. Learn from my mistakes.

As Peter Griffin says:

"you want to take your legs right out of it, lift with your back and groin using a jerking twisting motion."
Old 04-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #6
Biggraygrizzly
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master member

Eat clean, rest, that's mean get to get to bed a decent hour instead of staying up or out late all the time , if you do ,do it once a week, there an old saying: "How can you soar with the eagles in the day, if you stay up with the owls at night"-Vince Lombardi
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
Sandbox
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 32
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite memberSandbox is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggraygrizzly View Post
Eat clean, rest, that's mean get to get to bed a decent hour instead of staying up or out late all the time , if you do ,do it once a week, there an old saying: "How can you soar with the eagles in the day, if you stay up with the owls at night"-Vince Lombardi
Brother...my college coach would quote that Lombardi quote every Monday. And every Saturday night I was toasted!!
Old 04-26-2016, 03:43 AM   #8
BravenFenix
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 04/2013
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master memberBravenFenix is a master member

Welcome!

Another tip: Be as tight as you can be on all your heavy lifts. Makes all the difference and takes care of major form issues.

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bravenstrong/
Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forum/show...d=1#post566261
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:42 PM   #9
Biggraygrizzly
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: Beef Aminos
Biggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master memberBiggraygrizzly is a master member

Brother...my college coach would quote that Lombardi quote every Monday. And every Saturday night I was toasted!!
My High School coach would tell us that too and I always was out late Friday after a game and hung over watching film on Saturdays!
Biggraygrizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:18 AM   #10
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Welcome to MAB.
Dray is online now   Reply With Quote