Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Muscle Building and Bodybuilding (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Would this routine be overtraining for cutting in the summer? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1931)

evgeney 02-03-2010 10:00 PM

Would this routine be overtraining for cutting in the summer?
 
Running every morning 2-3 miles + p90x every day following their program for cutting.

kman025 02-03-2010 10:01 PM

i dont think it'd be "over training", but its definately not necessary.

i did p90x... there are many better ways to cut.

evgeney 02-03-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 25297)
i dont think it'd be "over training", but its definately not necessary.

i did p90x... there are many better ways to cut.

I'm not primarily running to lose fat, frankly I don't have a problem with losing fat.. Its more about gaining endurance as currently it blows

onetiredkris 02-03-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evgeney (Post 25296)
Running every morning 2-3 miles + p90x every day following their program for cutting.

we need to know what your routine looks like right now.
just to judge your current level of activity.
stats my man,shoot em our way

jwood 02-03-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evgeney (Post 25299)
I'm not primarily running to lose fat, frankly I don't have a problem with losing fat.. Its more about gaining endurance as currently it blows

What is your purpose for doing P90x, I always thought that was more of a fat loss program. What are your goals??

I don't think it would be overtraining but most people I know that do P90x have not gotten great results from it.

kman025 02-03-2010 10:14 PM

p90x gets results simply because you do a **** load of cardio and maintain a strict ass diet.

it sapped the little strength i had and i lost the little muscle i had (mostly my fault with too low calories).


lift+diet+a little cardio=WIN

Shaolinkiwi 02-04-2010 12:55 AM

Full body routines are the way to go lifting + cardio = best of both worlds.

I'm currently rocking an advance fullbody split which, kicks my ass.

Endurance has gone way up, weight has dropped slightly, body fat dropped almost 1% in a week.

evgeney 02-04-2010 04:29 PM

Pictures can be found in this thread http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/bod...ess-17-yo.html

I currently train 4 times a week sets reps look like 4 sets 12-10-8-6 reps with 4-5 exercises per body group.

Monday Chest tris abs
tuesday back bis
wednesday legs calves abs
thursday shoulders.
saturday abs

The reason I want to get into p90 is because its convenient as I have the dvd set on hand and seems to work when I did part of it.

my Bodybuilding stats, last updated around 4 months ago


Height:
6'1.0" (1.85 m)
Waist:
31" (78.74 cm)
Weight:
170 lb (77.3 kg)
Thighs:
21" (53.34 cm)
Bodyfat:
13.0 %
Calves:
13.2" (33.53 cm)
Chest:
37" (93.98 cm)
Forearms:
10.8" (27.43 cm)
Arms:
14.5" (34.54 cm)
Shoulders:
48" (121.92 cm)
Hips:
36.2" (91.95 cm)
Neck:
14" (35.56 cm)

Lifts 1 rep max
Bench:223 lb (101.4 kg)
Bicep Curl: 118 lb (53.6 kg)
Squat:239 lb (108.6 kg)
Barbell Rows:157 lb (71.4 kg)
Deadlift:301 lb (136.8 kg)
Overhead Press: 157 lb (71.4 kg)

kman025 02-04-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evgeney (Post 25528)
Pictures can be found in this thread http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/bod...ess-17-yo.html

I currently train 4 times a week sets reps look like 4 sets 12-10-8-6 reps with 4-5 exercises per body group.

Monday Chest tris abs
tuesday back bis
wednesday legs calves abs
thursday shoulders.
saturday abs

The reason I want to get into p90 is because its convenient as I have the dvd set on hand and seems to work when I did part of it.

its not that it wouldnt work to loose weight... but it wont do jack for strength and i think it sets you up for some muscle loss

evgeney 02-04-2010 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 25530)
its not that it wouldnt work to loose weight... but it wont do jack for strength and i think it sets you up for some muscle loss

Really? I thought that as most of the exercises consist of body exercises it would primarily target strength and endurance.
Why would you say it would not contribute to overall strength, out of curiosity.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.