Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-28-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor
Default Need Some Help Putting a New Plan Together

Hey, Guys..Ripped sent me over here to see if anyone could help me out..I need to switch it up..

Here is the split I was working on

Sunday - Chest/Biceps/Forearms

Monday - Legs/Abs

Tuesday - Off

Wednesday - Shoulders/Triceps

Thursday - Back/Traps/Calves/Abs

I like to incorperate Sledge Hammer to Tires on Back and Traps, Kettle Bells Swings on Back and Traps and Clean and Press..I used to fight MMA and I like to body build but keep alot of explosive stuff in my work out..

Example

Chest/Biceps/Forearms Example Work OUt

1) Incline Press
2) Decline Push Ups
3) Flat DB Press
4) Push Up Claps Or Pylo Push Overs
5) Flat DB Flyes
6) Ez Curls
7) DB Roatation
8) Wrist DB Curls IN And Up

Example Back/Traps

1) Pull Up Wide Hammer Grip
2) Pull Up Standard Grip
3) Pull Up Close Hammer Grip
4) Dead Lifts Or Bent Over BB Rows
5) Or Stiff Leg Dead Lifts
6) Sledge Hammer to Tires
7) Kettle Bell Swings
8) BB Shrugs

Thanks Guys...

Just a note.. My Biceps are Lagging..I need to get these up..Traps Need more work..I like to work long and hard and long sets. My diet is in Check...

I thought about going to this split but I am very open to suggestions

Sunday - Chest/Triceps

Monday - Legs/Abs

Wednesday - Back/Traps/Biceps/Forearms

Thursday- Off

Friday- Shoulders/Abs

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

damn dude you look pretty big in your avi.

where are your lifts at? this will help the guys make a plan for you
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #3
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

My numbers are strong for the big ones for Reps or power lifts?

What ones you like?

Like Bench Reps with BB is 200 - 240 for reps

Deads for Reps 220-250 for power I attempted a 400lbs Dead got it up but got super scared. My friend said I could have pulled it off for more the one rep but I don't mess around with my back. If I am not feeling it, I am not feeling it. I would like to rep 300lbs for reps though. I pull alot of Pull up work in and my additional lower back work out comes when I grapple ( Had to edit this..Messed Up)

Over Head Press - 110 - 115 for reps ... Shot a 125 up for reps and liked it but I was not wearing a belt. again I think I can go higher,

Clean and Press - 150lbs Just started..Im sure I will hit 200lbs in 2 weeks

Close Grip Press for power - 200

BB Curls - 80 to 90

Flat Db Press - 80 - 90lbs for reps

SledgeHammers to tire with 20lb sledge

Kettle Bell swings with 90lb bell

Alot of Explosive push up, pylo's, deep push ups, Clap push up with weight vest on set anywhere from 70 to 100lbs.

Farmer Walks - 260 to 300lbs

Is this what you ment

Last edited by MMA Max; 01-29-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:49 AM   #4
DocColossus
Captain, Team 50'
Max Brawn
Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73 Points: 12,762, Level: 73

Training Exp: 12
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Hammer Low Pull
Fav Supp: Jack3d, Yok3d, ModernBCAA
DocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machineDocColossus is a lifting machine

Hey brotherman I just wanted to throw you my $.02!!!!

I suggest going with the Wendler 5-3-1 routine, specifically the 4 day North of Vag split! It is a solid routine with endless strength gaining benefits, as well as static stretching, and some strongman work (see below)!!

What I did for my 5-3-1 (the North of Vag routine found within the e-book) was substitute certain exercises with those that helped my sport, strongman.

Overhead Standing Barbell Press became the Overhead Log Press.
Dead Lifts became either dead lifts or Axle Dead Lifts depending on the week.

A support exercise I did for bench day was tire slipping, with focus on the push.

A support I did for dead lifting day was sledge hammer tire work!

Sounds like you and I have similar training goals/needs/philosophies, so feel free to connect with me through message, or through my training journal on this site, or I could link you to my other training journal on bodybuilding.com...

Rock on man!!
DocColossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM   #5
MMA Max
Max Brawn

I don't want to give up some of the other work outs. Some of those work out just make you far stronger then just standard body building. I don't lift weight to look good at the beach or impress the girls. I lift weight for other reason, To make my fight game better when I am a Dog Brothers Open Fight, West coast Open Fight, I teach MMA for the streets and Cage, Knife combatitives and FMA to law Enforcement and to Military..

I teach and taught Feild grappling to Soliders in my Unit and when I head up to base I teach close Quarters Pistol and Edge weapons defence. I am also a MP with 2 tours over seas..I had to kick open alot of doors and move alot of heavy objects and if you were not built you were fucked. Also in the states...I'm 5'8 and sometime drunk ass soldiers are just going to listen to you if you are far more muscled up then they are and that goes for anyone on the street.

I talked to a young man who didnt have alot of money, wanted me to train him but couldnt afford it. I said this is what you need to do in order to maybe prevent being kicked around, Your in college, Your school offers Wrestling, and kick boxing, and a weight room..Correct? Lift alot of weights, Eat alot, Learn to grapple and throw a mean upper cut and you will be fine. If your size wont scare them off then atleast you can knock um out lol and all this for free!

With this road I found a couple things..If anything, Atleast be strong, Be fast and be ready..I worked with a fellow down south who worked for the police department and gave me this quote..Muscle and Stren are not everthing but it leave a large margen for error. And some of the work outs I use for Combat conditioning I find just do not make you as poweful in some areas as right up BB moves.

Last edited by MMA Max; 01-29-2010 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
TitanWIP
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39 Points: 3,856, Level: 39

TitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good postsTitanWIP has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1973 View Post
I talked to a young man who didnt have alot of money, wanted me to train him but couldnt afford it. I said this is what you need to do in order to maybe prevent being kicked around, Your in college, Your school offers Wrestling, and kick boxing, and a weight room..Correct? Lift alot of weights, Eat alot, Learn to grapple and throw a mean upper cut and you will be fine. If your size wont scare them off then atleast you can knock um out lol and all this for free!

That paragraph just made my day. Great advice for $0 a month.
TitanWIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
MMA Max
Max Brawn

Hell yes it is..College offers those programs as part of you tuition. He had a Fee waiver so he had to pay NOTHING for these classes. This was about 6 months ago and I saw him not to long ago. He was then about 165, Now about 190-195. He is great at wrestling, Boxing and uses the weight room like a mad man..Total cost..ZERO not to mention play the system right..Get pell grants and loans and the Gov. Is now buying your food, Your Supps, Your PH's and you can still live in your mothers basement For FREE!

Old 02-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #8
Grip-N-Rip
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21 Points: 1,478, Level: 21
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Grip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good postsGrip-N-Rip has made some good posts

One word that WILL make or BREAK you:

DIET

Post yours up and we can help.