Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Fcat611
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start
Default WTF volume training muscle giants

WTF is going on i read teh casey butts articles and see the stuff you all write and then the gym i go to there are 2 MASSIVE guys that are natural and they say 2 me that 5 day split with volume is the fast track to amssive muscle. is this one hour thing training limit good or will more volume push the body to bigger growth>???
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcat611 View Post
WTF is going on i read teh casey butts articles and see the stuff you all write and then the gym i go to there are 2 MASSIVE guys that are natural and they say 2 me that 5 day split with volume is the fast track to amssive muscle. is this one hour thing training limit good or will more volume push the body to bigger growth>???
Everything works, if frequency, intensity and rest is properly balanced. That said, if one is after strength on specific lifts, especially explosive ones (eg: cleans), its much better to do them frequently (rather than once a week).
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 01:51 PM   #3
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fcat611 View Post
No one is discounting that volume works for some, but due to individual differences and the fact that volume training is typically more theoretical than scientific, it is often easier to build a program around sound scientific principals.
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I'm a middle grounder. I have no personal experience as a ground up full body trainee, and I have never trained someone full body. I believe that a full body makes a lot of sense for the first year or two, as that is when most muscle is gained, and full body routines scientifically are superior.

But with that said, I believe that far too often volume routines are invitations to crazy-split routines, and doing do opens the door to far too many weak, inferior movements (re: isolations, etc.).

I believe splits are usable, up to 3-4 day splits as long as it's a focus on heavy compound movements.

Also, another issue with volume routines (especially ones performed by average Joe Buffbody at the local gym) is that they invite long rest between sets. Fcat611...next time you're at the gym, try to see how many actual sets one of these guys do in 30 minutes. I bet it's less then you imagine.

Most likely this tag team is training together, and most likely they aren't doing sets at a rate of less then 3 minutes rest between sets.

Another issue to consider is this...what they're doing now most likely isn't what they did to pack on muscle. Most trainees don't walk into the gym doing 2 hour volume training marathons.

If you cut down their rest between sets to 2 minutes, and cut out the training partners, I bet you would be surprised at how quick their workouts would go.

I can do 20 sets in 45 minutes - with warmups. If I wanted to, I could do 25-27 in an hour.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
Fcat611
Brawn
Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25 Points: 1,879, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Fcat611 is off to a bad start

what botu you BTB you trained 26 sets yesterday I checked your log. how many sets is it ok to do in one hour if a natural bodybuilder should only workotu fer an hour?
Old 01-26-2010, 05:26 PM   #6
Dianna Bol
New Brawn
Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30 Points: 2,505, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Dianna Bol is new to the forumDianna Bol is new to the forum

From what I gather naturals can do whatever they want in that one hour window. Casey Butt said 3 sets per exrcise, so do as many exercises as you can.