Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:44 PM   #41
thechosenone
New Brawn
Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11 Points: 599, Level: 11
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

thechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammer

Sorry For the misunderstanding everybody, i have clearly misjuged my current bf%

Here is what the calculator says about me:

With a height of 70 inches
Wrists 7 inches
and Ankle of 9.5
with a bodyfat of 18% my maximum weight can be: 229lbs

MY estimated maximum muscular measurements (@ ~8%-10% bodyfat) are:

Chest: 48 in
Biceps: 17.1 in
Forearms: 13.7 in
Neck: 16.6 in
Thighs: 25.8 in
Calves: 17.3 in

My Goals at 8-10% bodyfat:
Chest: 50 in
Biceps: 19 in
Forearms: 15 in
Neck: 18.6 in
Thighs: 27 in
Calves: 19 in

Prety good goals! lets get to work!!
thechosenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #42
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

What are your current measurements?

Chest (measured unflexed around nipples),
neck (again, unflexed just below the Adam's apple)
and waist (at the largest part, i.e. around the belly button - measured relaxed, no sucking in the tummy)?

Again, when you take this measurements, the tape shouldnt be drawn too tightly. It should be firm enough not to sag, but not so tight that it digs into the flesh. Especially crucial for the waist measurement

Once you put up these stats we can get a more realistic picture of where you are right now in terms of lean mass and bodyfat. Plus some pics as well.

Last edited by kitarpyar; 01-27-2010 at 01:23 AM.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:36 AM   #43
thechosenone
New Brawn

thechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammerthechosenone is either a troll or a spammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
What are your current measurements?

Chest (measured unflexed around nipples),
neck (again, unflexed just below the Adam's apple)
and waist (at the largest part, i.e. around the belly button - measured relaxed, no sucking in the tummy)?

Again, when you take this measurements, the tape shouldnt be drawn too tightly. It should be firm enough not to sag, but not so tight that it digs into the flesh. Especially crucial for the waist measurement

Once you put up these stats we can get a more realistic picture of where you are right now in terms of lean mass and bodyfat. Plus some pics as well.
Chest: 44 inches
Neck: 16.25 inches (have strong visible vascularity here)
Waist: 35.5 inches (this where i store all my fat lols)

and my claim was not tall? i neva claimed to have already beaten those figures? i just made it my goal to beat them before im 25.

I stated before, that i did misjuge my bodyfat percentage in previous posts.
Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 AM   #44
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechosenone View Post

and my claim was not tall? i neva claimed to have already beaten those figures? i just made it my goal to beat them before im 25.

These measurements put you in the 18-19% range. So your second estimate of BF% seems about right. Getting to the max predicted by the calculator will still need you to put on 12-13 lbs of pure muscle, which would be a nice goal indeed. Good luck.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 AM   #45
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:

A couple of points to discuss.

It's good that you manned up and came back, and are giving us some info about yourself. If you stick around here you will learn factual information, and not the gladhanding of other sites. You may not be read what you want to read, but it will be the truth.

As far as achieving, and beating the natural body limits. Just achieving your body's natural limits is a tall order. The flip side of the equation to natural body limits, is the article on the rate of muscular gain.

Rate of Drug-Free Muscle Gain

In a nutshell. The amount of muscle in terms of lbs per year, is roughly halved for each successive year as you train. So lets say you put on 12lbs of solid lean mass your first year of training. You would be lucky, and have to work extremely hard to achieve half of what you did the first year in your 2nd year.

Now lets talk about diet, and cutting. It is very hard, VERY HARD, nearly impossible for a natural BB to retain all of there lean mass while ridding themselves of excess bodyfat.

So, you have trained for 5 years and have put on some solid lean mass, and are finally ready to start cutting. Your at 19%BF, and want to get to 10%BF.
There is simply no way to naturally decrease your BF% without losing SEVERAL pounds of lean mass in the process.

So you are now at 10%BF, but you have lost 8lbs of lean mass in the process. Natural limits say your body can hold that 8lbs, so you start the process of building again. Not from the bottom, but you are still not going to put that mass back on as fast as it came off. Putting that 8lbs of lean mass back on may take as long as 6yrs.

That is just the nature of true natural BB. Are you getting a better picture of what your claiming you will be the first person to ever do? Do you not think that there have been many before you who have tried?

It is at the point of where progress seems nearly stalled, that exotic supps alter how the game is played. In fact it just does not alter the game, it is a whole new game. Before you start to play that game, make damn sure you understand the rules.

Go read this site. There is a lot of info that you need to learn.

Classic Physique Builder

This site is by no means the bible of natural BB. However it does contain a lot of solid information about BB before Steroids came into the picture. LOOK, at the Bodybuilders. This what can be achieved in the real world. They don't look bad at all. In fact they look a hell of a lot better than most guys today. This sport has gone down a dark path that is far removed from what it started out as.

This sport used to be about health and living a good life. Now it is about the appearance of health. I'm firmly in the camp of Classic Physique Building.

You should do some research on Dave Goodin. He is probably the best example of a current Natural BB who has taken his physique to about as far as he can achieve. Look at the timeline of how long it has taken him to get to where he is. He is one of only a few current BB's that I find to worth looking at.

Last edited by glwanabe; 01-27-2010 at 07:21 AM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

"Thechosenone"...glad you've realized your bodyfat levels weren't up to snuff. You definitely manned up, and I have respect for you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #47
thechosenone
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
"Thechosenone"...glad you've realized your bodyfat levels weren't up to snuff. You definitely manned up, and I have respect for you.
Thankyou kind sir!

BTW! i have only been training for about a year and a half!
Old 01-27-2010, 12:44 PM   #48
thechosenone
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
A couple of points to discuss.

It's good that you manned up and came back, and are giving us some info about yourself. If you stick around here you will learn factual information, and not the gladhanding of other sites. You may not be read what you want to read, but it will be the truth.

As far as achieving, and beating the natural body limits. Just achieving your body's natural limits is a tall order. The flip side of the equation to natural body limits, is the article on the rate of muscular gain.

Rate of Drug-Free Muscle Gain

In a nutshell. The amount of muscle in terms of lbs per year, is roughly halved for each successive year as you train. So lets say you put on 12lbs of solid lean mass your first year of training. You would be lucky, and have to work extremely hard to achieve half of what you did the first year in your 2nd year.

Now lets talk about diet, and cutting. It is very hard, VERY HARD, nearly impossible for a natural BB to retain all of there lean mass while ridding themselves of excess bodyfat.

So, you have trained for 5 years and have put on some solid lean mass, and are finally ready to start cutting. Your at 19%BF, and want to get to 10%BF.
There is simply no way to naturally decrease your BF% without losing SEVERAL pounds of lean mass in the process.

So you are now at 10%BF, but you have lost 8lbs of lean mass in the process. Natural limits say your body can hold that 8lbs, so you start the process of building again. Not from the bottom, but you are still not going to put that mass back on as fast as it came off. Putting that 8lbs of lean mass back on may take as long as 6yrs.

That is just the nature of true natural BB. Are you getting a better picture of what your claiming you will be the first person to ever do? Do you not think that there have been many before you who have tried?

It is at the point of where progress seems nearly stalled, that exotic supps alter how the game is played. In fact it just does not alter the game, it is a whole new game. Before you start to play that game, make damn sure you understand the rules.

Go read this site. There is a lot of info that you need to learn.

Classic Physique Builder

This site is by no means the bible of natural BB. However it does contain a lot of solid information about BB before Steroids came into the picture. LOOK, at the Bodybuilders. This what can be achieved in the real world. They don't look bad at all. In fact they look a hell of a lot better than most guys today. This sport has gone down a dark path that is far removed from what it started out as.

This sport used to be about health and living a good life. Now it is about the appearance of health. I'm firmly in the camp of Classic Physique Building.

You should do some research on Dave Goodin. He is probably the best example of a current Natural BB who has taken his physique to about as far as he can achieve. Look at the timeline of how long it has taken him to get to where he is. He is one of only a few current BB's that I find to worth looking at.
wow this information is all very interesting!!
I have gone from 160lbs at about 13% Bodyfat - 216lbs at about 18% bodyfat in about 1 year and a half!

Thats about 56lbs how much do you guys think of that is all muscle?
Old 01-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #49
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
wow this information is all very interesting!!
I have gone from 160lbs at about 13% Bodyfat - 216lbs at about 18% bodyfat in about 1 year and a half!

Thats about 56lbs how much do you guys think of that is all muscle?
37ibs of muscle, assuming you didn't have a growth spurt, and that the numbers were accurate. this is where it gets hard with younger guys, because when i started i was about 5'1 150ibs and a butter ball, now im 5'10 200 and around 13-15% bf, so your looking at a 9inch gain in height which throws off the calulation
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:10 PM   #50
thechosenone
New Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
37ibs of muscle, assuming you didn't have a growth spurt, and that the numbers were accurate. this is where it gets hard with younger guys, because when i started i was about 5'1 150ibs and a butter ball, now im 5'10 200 and around 13-15% bf, so your looking at a 9inch gain in height which throws off the calulation
Ahh yes, that is a very important factor! i havnt grown in height, i have stayed 5 feet 9, but my frame may have grown wider abit, not sure tho, could just look like it coz my shoulders grew, but this kinda growth could def be a factor.

So lets say ive gained about 25-30lbs of muscle in 1 year and a half, so in another year and a half, i can gain about 15lbs! lets get to work!