Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Muscle Building and Bodybuilding
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Muscle Building and Bodybuilding Topics related to muscle building, bodybuilding, including training and fullbody workouts. If you are looking for great advice on gaining muscle this forum is for you.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
Mariko78
Banned
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Mariko78 is new to the forumMariko78 is new to the forumMariko78 is new to the forum
Default I wont to become lean

My goal is to become lean and defined with cuts ( I want a six-pack,
and a nice chest), I would like to get down to 8% bodyfat. As you
can see, my main objective is to lose bodyfat (become lean). I have listed my workout regimen below:

Monday
Biceps: preacher curl, concentration curl, arm curl, dumbbell curls
and and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning. 1 hour of cardio in
evening.

Tuesday
Chest: incline press, decline press, chest press, bench press, peck
deck, and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning. 1 hour of cardio in
evening.

Wednesday
Back: lateral pull-down, low row, dorsi flexor, behind the head pull-
down, and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning. 1 hour of cardio in
evening.

Thursday
Triceps: tricep dips (machine), tricep extension, tricep press-down,
tricep kick-back, and 30 minutes of cardio in the morning. 1 hour
of cardio in evening.

Friday
Shoulders: shoulder press, lateral raises with dumbbell, front
raises with dumbbell, shrugs with dumbbell, and 30 minutes of
cardio in the morning. 1 hour of cardio in evening.

Saturday
Legs and abs: Leg extension, leg press, hack-squat, leg curls, calf
press, calf raises, cruches, ab machine, leg raises and 30 minutes
of cardio in the morning. 1 hour of cardio in evening.

Sunday OFF
Mariko78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

If you want that, your training is only 20%. 80% is dieting.

Also, your training program mainly consists of isolation exercises. You dont squat or deadlift. This is wrong.

My tip is to read just about every thread in the muscle building and strength section on MAB and evaluate the data yourself. Also check out peoples log and take a look at how the people on this board are training. Also take a look in the trainin program's section and check out the programs there.

Regarding diet im no expert but there should be a lot of info out there, or you could consult a nutritionist in person (reccomended)

Good luck.

Last edited by big_swede; 12-09-2013 at 03:43 AM.
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariko78 View Post
My goal is to become lean and defined with cuts ( I want a six-pack,
and a nice chest), I would like to get down to 8% bodyfat. As you
can see, my main objective is to lose bodyfat (become lean). I have listed my workout regimen below:
I am not prepared to offer advice, because of the lack of personal information. One's starting position (prior lifting history, dietary trend, life style, personal statistics, etc) are extremely important when considering and/or giving dietary or training advice when wanting specific personal goals.

If you want more advice that is more tailored to your your specific personal position, provide as much personal information that will enable proper advice. When it comes to getting lean, and then maintaining this leanness, I have a lot of personal experience in this area. I have lived and breathed it for several years now, and continue to live and breathe it every day.

In addition, Squats and Dead lifts are not required no matter your personal position (of course this is dependent on your micro goals, and whether you want them included). I say this because there are many different ways to build strength (etc) in the legs and back (etc) through other lifts (for example if your equipment is lacking and you do not have access to a gym), and dependent on the approach you want to take on strength/endurance during the commencement of your goal journey. I know this statement will be sacrilege to many power-lifters (), but squats and deads are not required, and clearly beneficial program can be setup without them (potentially) beneficial for the OP, and one can be setup with them included as well that is, of course, beneficial. It depends on the personal particulars of the OP.

Post back with more information about our personal starting position (age, height, weight, etc), the lifting equipment you have access to (or lack thereof), some life style information, and see if the advice can get more specific to your situation.

Remember each day: It is the battle between the mind and the body. Each one thinks it knows best.

But it is the mind that has to have the wisdom to learn and know the difference.

And, within this personal battle. If you win more than you lose, and stay consistent in the battle.

You will be left standing within the personal battle field, triumphant and victorious.

Best wishes to you,

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
Renton
Brawn
Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17 Points: 1,024, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 3 years+
Fav Exercise: front squat
Fav Supp: whey protein
Renton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good postsRenton has made some good posts

I got pretty lean during the summer and I found it was mostly diet, I also did a lot of running. I found that carb cycling was helpful for the last bit of fat loss.
Renton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
Bill
Max Brawn
Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40 Points: 4,062, Level: 40
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Bill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machineBill is a lifting machine

Where is the diet?

You can get lean sitting on the couch.
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:42 PM   #6
SCStrong
Max Brawn
Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40 Points: 4,116, Level: 40
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: One more than last year
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: The ones that make me cry
Fav Supp: Beer; Milk is for Babies
SCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master memberSCStrong is a master member

Is it possible to maintain 8% body fat without torturing yourself? Good luck with that -
Old 12-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #7
Chillen
Max Brawn
Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52 Points: 6,498, Level: 52
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 5+ years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Pullup/Bent Over Row
Fav Supp: Feeding the Brain
Chillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master memberChillen is a master member

Yes, its possible to maintain 8%BF, and not torture yourself. Just takes a disciplined lifestyle, knowing your personal calorie maintenance, and knowing how to manipulate macros, and I speak of my self in these terms. Most people with knowledge, know that BF percentage can change per day due to simple physiology (and water distribution/retention variables), but maintaining 8% body fat is manageable on the average--with the correct mind-set of the person. I have done it for years, and my personal body weight and BF percentage is what it is, because I want it this way for a variety of personal reasons, which isn't subject to anyone's opinion.

For example, I just ate 5,200c calories today, not starving, and I weighed LESS than the day before at the same time. Preceding these calories today were set days of Carbohydrates at 75g, calories at 2250c (close to Maintenance, 52yoa, 167), a long side 4 workouts this week (and 65 work hours 7/days): Purpose Lowering Glucose Storage.

In the right position, it does not require one to starve or torture their self, to maintain low body fat (pointing to 8%, that is). Just sayen'. Staying lean is sometimes misunderstood and does not require starving to death or not have foods you like. Heck, I had a chocolate/peanut butter pie within those 5,200c calories today, and do not have any worry in the world about it raising my body fat levels on the average.
Glucose depletion (Liver) is a wonderful thing, when done right. This is why the holidays are never a problem: Manipulation of the almighty carbohydrate, and the remaining 2 macros.

And, I do not know the OP's starting position, but (for example), if the OP is carrying a lot of unwanted tissue, it will call upon some calorie and potentially (macro-type) depravity in his journey, which can be termed disciplined torture . On a side note, the OP has one day devoted to Biceps, which in my opinion, not good. The entire workout session for the week should be re-examined, once we learn more about the OP.

Any hoot, Hope everyone's evening was fantastic!

Chillen

After losing 40+ unwanted lbs:

At 152/154lbs:

At 162-168:

Last edited by Chillen; 12-10-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Chillen is online now   Reply With Quote